The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Snow storm illusion with stars (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2487 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
Hi there

i am putting this here as I consider the snow storm a stage illusion.

here is my question to any one that may have used butterflies or stars.

specifically I am looking for stars.
i have bought a few from various dealers and as I imagined they are not the quality I require!

they don't separate and fall in clumps and just not quality enough for me to use in my show.

i know Alan Wong makes start storm as well as other unique shapes but they did not work as well.

i have performed my original snow storm for 15 years and use Seo magic loads. they are the best. but they don't make stars

has any one had good luck using star confetti that breaks apart easily and not into clumps.
i have taken them apart and then repacked them myself and they work great then but this is time consuming and want to use this for my new summer shows and don't want to repack 50-100 loads!

thanks for any thoughts ideas or connections to quality star loads for snow storm.

sam
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
I am not familiar with your routine, but could you just use Seo loads, and add a few stars of a different color to the larger load?
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The old method Faucett Ross or was it Dai Vernon describes, is to, in addition to separating the paper, but to put on an old home heater unit to dry the paper. Then restack into bundles. We don't have many of those old boiler heater in homes any longer so maybe a hair dryer would work. You are trying to fight what the cutting process does, compress and leave cut edges to mesh together and catch on each other.
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2487 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
Clinton-- no rather not. thought of that but I want all stars its part of my new routine. I am performing for kids and I have a new reach for the stars theme for libraries and schools etc.

Bill- agreed with drying them out more to make them a bit more brittle and lighter even but the real issue is the pain of taking the bundle apart and separating hundreds of starts then repacking it. its not fun.

i am working on a couple ideas to make the process easier but this is not so simple.
i am looking into a paper company and seeing if I can get my own dye cut and they make the stars for me. but this will be expensive.

thanks for the thoughts I appreciate it.

sam
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
tropicalillusions
View Profile
Special user
Tulsa Okla
631 Posts

Profile of tropicalillusions
Sam... we stamp out our own... multiple sheets of tissue stapled together with a plain paper as a back page for support. when you stamp... the plain paper keeps the tissue from separating in the stamper. then stack in loads... separate just fine.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
My friend got into the snow storm before the ready prepared ones, he used a blender to separate the tissue paper. He just put several small batches in the blender and put the lid on, then turned it on, it did not take at all for them to separate. Yes, assembly is a pain, but it worked.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Snow storm illusion with stars (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL