The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin Dropper (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Zephury
View Profile
Elite user
Hollywood, FL
488 Posts

Profile of Zephury
I've posted before with no luck, but I'm posting again..

I'm looking for a dollar sized coin dropper for 4 morgan dollars. I need relatively silent access to the coins and need it to be something very secure. I'll be using it in a table hopping/strolling environment so it will be holding coins all night long. Which brings me to the fact that I need a quick reset to it. Hopefully nothing that takes too much fidgeting to get the coins back in.

Something like this perhaps, but dollar sized?
http://www.pjstrickshop.com/product.php?......d=m-0689

I have one of those for half dollars. It works reasonably well but isn't that secure. Again, I need dollar sized. Thanks!
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Look at Sean Goodman's "Simple Servante". Threads about it in Latest and Greatest forum. Perfect for what you ask.

Jim
Zephury
View Profile
Elite user
Hollywood, FL
488 Posts

Profile of Zephury
J-Mac, it looks good so far but when he says you can use it for coins, it describes only being able to use up to 4 HALF dollars with a shell? What about dollar sized coins?
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I believe it can safely hold dollar coins. But to be absolutely certain, Sean also offers his Servante in a larger size - big enough to hold even 3" Jumbo coins.

Jim
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Hey Zephury, I checked the thread in Latest & Greatest for the Secret Servante and per the review posted there, it can hold three dollar coins plus a shell.

Also, I called it the Simple Servante a few times above, however the actual name is Secret Servante. I apologize for that!

Thanks.

Jim
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Sean said on the Tricks & Effects topic, when I asked about 4 dollar size coins that it will regular version will hold 4 dollar size coins.

The new large size is made for 3" coins.

This should answer all your questions about the Secret Servante:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=109
Calvin Tong
View Profile
Special user
718 Posts

Profile of Calvin Tong
I own a secret servante.

I can place 3 circulated soft Morgans in it perfectly. Trying to place a 4rth Morgan in it is impossible.

caL
Cal Tong
President Emeritus
IBM Ring 216 Silicon Valley
sdmagic
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of sdmagic
You may want to think a bit "outside the box". Consider these:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B1B9......F8&psc=1

Slight alteration of them (add cloth) may be required to quiet them down a bit....

Hope that helps.

sdmagic
Calvin Tong
View Profile
Special user
718 Posts

Profile of Calvin Tong
There are cheaper and more reliable metal clips (with rubberized tips) at home depot. :o)

But the secret servant will allow you to hold out 3 coins and place them back in as well (hold out and hold in). quick reset. you can't do that as easily with a clip.

caL
Cal Tong
President Emeritus
IBM Ring 216 Silicon Valley
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Thanks for the kind comments about Secret Servante. You can also attach more than one unit - indeed I have one on either side of my jacket which then opens up many more opportunities. The Jumbo version is exactly the same in construction as the original but its wider and can hold..... a jumbo 3 inch coin! In fact, its twice the width of the original. This isn't available via dealers yet, but you can get it from me at www.simplymagic.co.uk/secretservante.html

Take care,

Sean
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin Dropper (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL