The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Solomon Question (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

nwanstall
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of nwanstall
Hey everyone,

I wanted to let you guys know that I have released my first product! I'm really excited about it and I'm happy with how it turned out. I wasn't sure where to post this since it is a hypnosis effect, but it doesn't actually use any hypnosis. Anyways, I thought that this could be nice for people who want to perform a bit of hypnosis but not actually learn hypnosis (like myself). It is available at the following two links:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/5401
http://www.lybrary.com/the-solomon-question-p-690245.html

All the details can be found below. If you have any questions, please feel free to pm me.

Price: $9.95

Description: In this PDF you will learn the main effect, The Solomon Question, along with a bonus effect by Atlas Brookings called White Out. Also included is an explanation on how to blend these two effects into one beautiful piece of hypnotism.

The Solomon Question:

The magician invites a spectator, Sally, to pick a card. Once Sally does so, her card is placed on the table. The magician then asks a second spectator, Peter, to select a card. Once Peter has done the same, his card is placed on the table. The magician turns over both cards and the two spectators both agree that their card is on the table. Peter's card is placed onto his hand, and Sally's card is placed onto her hand.

The magician apparently hypnotizes Peter, and he explains that while in this hypnotic state, the cards will become switched in his mind. Whenever he sees the card that he selected, he will think that it was selected by Sally, and when he sees the card that was selected by Sally, he will think that he selected it.

The magician now turns over the card in Peter's hand, his card, and when he is asked who selected it, he responds by saying that is was selected by Sally. When the magician turns over the card in Sally's hand, her card, he will say that he selected it.

At the end of this effect, both spectators are convinced that the other is wrong, and there is seemingly no other explanation other than you actually hypnotized one of the spectators. The cards that are used are completely normal and can be borrowed.

White Out:

A young lady is brought onto the stage and asked to have a seat. The mentalist then invites another participant on stage, who is asked to take a seat on the opposite side of the stage. He fans open a deck of blue-backed cards, showing the faces of the cards to the audience and both participants.

The mentalist then turns and asks the second participant to select a card, keeping it face down and unseen. They are asked if they'd like to change their mind - and may actually do so. Once arrived at, the mentalist takes this card and sets it down on a table set in the centre of the stage, between both participants.

The mentalist then apparently hypnotizes the young lady. In this state, the mentalist suggests that she will be more open to demonstrating phenomenon of the mind. He then asks the two participants to lock eyes with each other. After a moment the mentalist interrupts this process and opens a red-backed deck of cards and displays them again to the audience and both participants.

He then fans these cards face up in front of the "hypnotized" participant, asking them to choose a card. The card they select is removed from the pack and shown to the audience. At this point, the mentalist takes the blue-backed card from the table and shows that it matches the red-backed card. The audience sees the match, the second spectator sees the match, but when the "hypnotized" spectator is shown the cards, the blue-backed card is consistently blank.

The mentalist explains that the fault lies with them - that their choice of words earlier resulted in an inadvertent loss of memory on the part of the "hypnotized" girl. The mentalist then sets the cards down on the table, brings the blue-backed deck back into play, and shows the "hypnotized" girl the faces of cards, asking what she sees. She declares them to be blank, at which point, the mentalist turns them around to show the audience that they are normal.

The mentalist then brings the "hypnotized" participant out of the trance, and shows them the cards, at which point the first participant agrees that they now have faces.

He boxes the blue-backed cards, and then takes the two left resting on the table and shows them to the young lady. She agrees that they match and is given a round of applause as she exits the stage.

Disclaimer: Although this is a demonstration of hypnotism, no actual hypnotic techniques are taught.

Length: 35 pages

Thanks,

Nicholas
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Hi Nicholas. Best of luck with it. Tony
nwanstall
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of nwanstall
Thanks Tony!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Solomon Question (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL