The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Visible Sawing in half illusion (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Hood
View Profile
Veteran user
328 Posts

Profile of Hood
I have a question and was hoping someone had an answer to it. I am wanting to buy the cordless visible sawing in half illusion by mak but no one currently has it and it is on back order for months they said. Does anyone know if I buy the regular corded (plug in) version can I just simply buy a cordless jigsaw and replace it with the corded one, or does the effect have to use the jigsaw that it comes with. Any help would be great.

Thank you,
Derek
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I doubt it, as the saw has to be the same size and shape, especially the bottom plate that rides along the top of the stock.
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
I disagree Bill. If you have any mechanical skills at all, it's easy to make your own gimmick. I bought a sawing through neck illusion, and completely redid the blades in yellow to make it more visible. Most jigsaws have the same size base, so it's an easy conversion. You can also shop for the correct size base plate and replace that. Just depends on how "mechanical" you are.

Jim
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I was thinking that the corded compared to the battery pack is balanced totally differently. If switching the bases, the balance would to all off and become more dangerous to handle. Remember, there is a human being just below that saw.

Sure the whole thing can be made by someone that know wood working and welding. Nothing really special about the parts, it is all how they are being assembled.

Hell, that saw scared me when I had one years ago.

I would say, if you have no knowledge of tools then buy one, but go take a shop class so you know how to handle an electric saw. To many young people don't know a thing about DIY. They think everything is a toaster, just plug it in, turn it on, and it will work itself.

That is totally not true, nothing in magic is self working, that I why you are there.
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Just noticed the saw is on my hand in my pic!!
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Or IN my hand
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Or around your hand
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Visible Sawing in half illusion (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL