The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Spaghetti Al Dente (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
Http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/5467

No one seems to have posted this yet. Still in the Cool Box but almost gone.

So simple and so good. The explanation is almost better than the trick. Where Blaze was simple and dumb, this is simple and astounding. It's little moments like this that make me love magic.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Geez I know but after I got Blaze & got burnt "No Pun Intended" I just don't want to get taken again ! even though the price is low it adds up !!It does look good going to wait for reviews .
David Klass
View Profile
Inner circle
Beckenham, England
1204 Posts

Profile of David Klass
This is simple brilliance!!

The method will make you kick yourself and smile.

I will say that the small bit of necessary work is not as easy as you might first think.
The explanation could have done with a bit more detail on this part.
Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
There's quite a few reviews up on penguin already. I'm still a little peeved about Blaze but you'll be pleased with this, it's so *** clever! Think it will take a little practice to make it as smooth as the demo but it's totally worth $6. You'll just smile when you see the secret.
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
I pulled the trigger on this for the cool box price and I am pleased with the trick. It is definitely workable. The funny thing for me was that after I purchased it, I was watching the download and as I watched the performance section before the explanation, the method became clear to me. No regrets though as we should always support the creator and it was totally worth the 6 bucks.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
I guessed the method without buying.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
David Klass
View Profile
Inner circle
Beckenham, England
1204 Posts

Profile of David Klass
Anyone else struggling to get the spaghetti in place to do the reveal?

I've been trying for a few hours now and can't seem to do what is necessary.

If anyone has any tips Id really appreciate a chat via PM.
kieronthemighty
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of kieronthemighty
Got it love it will use this in my act can't wait to have s play
nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
I finally guessed it too.... someone said that putting the strand back in the box was also deceiving, and I thought about that part and guessed it. (but that's after staring at the video a zillion times). But I still got the effect at the cool box price, and I have to admit that this is super clever- and the story he told about stumbling onto the effect while he was at the supermarket with his wife was very funny, too. This is really cool. I really smiled when I realized the method. So, so clever.
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Really guys. Does any one really care if you guessed it?
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Thinking the same thing.there like a bunch of little kids.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I have no idea how it's done ! I ay have to check this out but it says not to perform to close ?
Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
You would need to be a little distance away, but not too far. You couldn't do it a foot away from someone.
nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
Meetmagicmike and mr effecto- sorry guys, I wasn't trying to act like a child and be like "I guessed it and you didn't, ha ha ha," just joining in and making conversation, and I constantly hear people saying they figured out or guessed methods during threads. And that's fine with me. Just part of the discussion, that's all. And nobody really cares about what YOU think of that, either.
nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
David- yea, I'm having trouble too getting it into place but I tried this... I put the pieces in my hand with the gimmick hidden in my other hand. Instead of putting all of the pieces in my mouth at once I put in a few pieces at a time (so you still get the crunch sound). I then put the last piece in along with the gimmick. Almost like a "oops - 1 little piece still left in my hand" and then load it in. What I really like about this is that I really thought originally the strand was hidden on the side, or somehow behind him because of the way he turned his head. It's just so clever.
MKoeppel
View Profile
New user
Switzerland
76 Posts

Profile of MKoeppel
Usually I load the gimick before the performance. Then do one or two tricks before going into "Al Dente".
It takes just a little practice (actually not really practice, more a kind of getting used to) and the gimick won't disturb you at all.

Well, that's at least what works for me.

Best, markus
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of rasp
I could be way off the mark but the first time I watched this it just looked like a piece of elastic being stretched.
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
I think this is a great trick. It would have fooled me if I hadn't seen it before.

I wish Chad would release a high quality DVD set of all his magic with a live audience. He's one of my top five favorite magicians in the world.

Robert
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
As some above, after watching the demo, once, my response was "Duuuuh". I guess this is why some people are more impressed than others with our magic - we respond/interpret differently to what we see.

In short, I see this as a cute gag.

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Spaghetti Al Dente (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL