The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New iOS App: TakeTwo - Send a text message that changes on a spectator's phone (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Whoa this app sounds AWESOME. I can think of many uses for this.

However, if there are a lot of bugs, I think I'll wait till they are all sorted.
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of rasp
Illucifer, I think that only happens if you are texting yourself to practice........ I had the same initial feeling, but no one I have actually texted has commented on this which leads me to think that all looks fine on their end. Smile
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
2 questions...can this be done using an ipad for those of us without iphones? Also, can you do this for people who own android phones? Thanks, this looks like a winner!

Regards,
Mike
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Quote:
On Apr 6, 2015, rasp wrote:
Illucifer, I think that only happens if you are texting yourself to practice........ I had the same initial feeling, but no one I have actually texted has commented on this which leads me to think that all looks fine on their end. Smile

You are absolutely right, I thought the same - until I tried it with my older daughter Smile Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
I'm having major problems with this. The message only flickers to the other message for about a second and then it immediately goes back to the original message. Sometimes it flickers two or three times like it is on a rotation of the seconds. Very unreliable now.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
This sounds like maybe it wasn't quite ready or polished prior to release...?

Why can't these apps get thoroughly beta tested prior to charging $ for them?
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Hopefully Marc is working very hard to sort this out.
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1554 Posts

Profile of jaizon
He is, rest assured.
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1554 Posts

Profile of jaizon
As for the text changing back on the spec's phone there is no way around that (at the present time). However, you can simply ask them for their phone, click on the message and delete it. Then you don't have to worry about it changing screens.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Quote:
On Apr 6, 2015, Magic.Maddy wrote:
I'm having major problems with this. The message only flickers to the other message for about a second and then it immediately goes back to the original message. Sometimes it flickers two or three times like it is on a rotation of the seconds. Very unreliable now.

Well why didn't you wait for the bug fixes etc that you said you was going to in your previous post ? Sounded like common sense then you did the complete opposite and now you are complaining ? Don't add up to me ?
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On Apr 6, 2015, Tarik Flash wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 6, 2015, Magic.Maddy wrote:

Well why didn't you wait for the bug fixes etc that you said you was going to in your previous post ? Sounded like common sense then you did the complete opposite and now you are complaining ? Don't add up to me ?

I got excited and wanted to grab it at $1.99 in case the price goes up. I mean heck, it's only $2

But the problem with it changing back is the other image only lasts about 1 second. If they aren't staring at the message, they will miss that it ever changed.
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Elite user
454 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
The message immediately changing back for some of you is certainly something I'm looking in to and hope to fix as soon as possible.
Eric Falconer
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston
378 Posts

Profile of Eric Falconer
Don't Shoot me.....

Android?

:)
Eric Falconer

Houston TX
billion
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of billion
Have all the bugs been fixed with this?

Billion
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
"Not available in US store."
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Elite user
454 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
Hi - as I mentioned to Billion in a private message, TakeTwo was re-released as a free app. Perhaps it's worth anyone curious getting it from the store and having a play with it to see if it's for them.
Any problems are mostly caused by the way iOS handles gif images via iMessage, and so aren't easily fixable, sadly. That's why I made it free.

The website and link for the app are available here:

http://doubletakeapp.com/

Thanks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New iOS App: TakeTwo - Send a text message that changes on a spectator's phone (11 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL