The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » So much for the integrity of Rolling Stone..... (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1914 Posts

Profile of Randwill
Quote:
On Apr 9, 2015, RNK wrote:

The Left does this all the time- always twisting things to shift the focus. They are great with diversion tactics. This is nothing new.

An ill-defined group ALWAYS does something. There's an idea that can be safely disregarded.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On Apr 9, 2015, Randwill wrote:
Quote:

The Left does this all the time- always twisting things to shift the focus. They are great with diversion tactics. This is nothing new.

An ill-defined group ALWAYS does something. There's an idea that can be safely disregarded.

+1

Think about the things we sometimes post about "the left" or "the right". Then try substituting "blacks" or "Jews" or "women" for the group. If it makes you queasy, you should probably reconsider before clicking "Submit Reply".
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
And use a swazzle.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
And always my point of view is right and all others are stupid.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
188 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Quote:
2) Funny how Right wing major (FM Airwaves) talk shows last and Left wing major talk shows never last........

No. What's funny is how despite (or because of) the dominance of right-wing talk radio in my state, we are historically a decidedly blue state. We currently have a Democratic Governor who just got re-elected to a second term, and we voted Obama in the last two Presidential elections. So I am pleased to say that whatever right-wing radio in my state is doing, it's working - for Democrats!!! Smile (My theory is that they don't fully realize that people across the state can actually hear what they're saying when they speak into a microphone. And that's enough to keep the sensible people from voting for their party).

Ron
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
^ +1
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
^ ^ - 2 Smile
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Apr 9, 2015, R.S. wrote:
Quote:
2) Funny how Right wing major (FM Airwaves) talk shows last and Left wing major talk shows never last........

No. What's funny is how despite (or because of) the dominance of right-wing talk radio in my state, we are historically a decidedly blue state. We currently have a Democratic Governor who just got re-elected to a second term, and we voted Obama in the last two Presidential elections. So I am pleased to say that whatever right-wing radio in my state is doing, it's working - for Democrats!!! Smile (My theory is that they don't fully realize that people across the state can actually hear what they're saying when they speak into a microphone. And that's enough to keep the sensible people from voting for their party).

Ron

And your serious that the radio talk shows in your state made the people in your state vote for Obama along with your Governor. Let me know what state that is so that if I am passing through I would want to keep my car doors locked and not exit my vehicle if the people can be swayed that easily...no telling what mood they may be in on any particular day. Smile
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Radio talk shows of any flavor make money leaving to the choir. The notion that somehow they persuade people to vote in one way or the other is delusional at best. People vote how they vote and tune in radio based on that viewpoint.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
cat weasel
View Profile
New user
free agent
16 Posts

Profile of cat weasel
^^-10 Smile
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
188 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Quote:
On Apr 9, 2015, acesover wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ron

And your serious that the radio talk shows in your state made the people in your state vote for Obama along with your Governor. Let me know what state that is so that if I am passing through I would want to keep my car doors locked and not exit my vehicle if the people can be swayed that easily...no telling what mood they may be in on any particular day. Smile

We're a blue state with practically no liberal radio airwave presence. And, as you keep reminding us, Fox News is the number 1 cable news network. So you tell me why, despite having the bully pulpit on multiple fronts, the pervasive right-wing message doesn't resonate here. I'm open for suggestions. Because it is kind of odd.

And besides, if as you say, the people here are swayed easily, then wouldn't that mean that we would be a red state due to the dominance of the right-wing message? So what you said really makes no sense.

PS - if you're ever in the area, I would be glad to treat you for drinks at a local watering hole. Smile

Take care, Aces,
Ron
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On Apr 10, 2015, R.S. wrote:

We're a blue state with practically no liberal radio airwave presence. And, as you keep reminding us, Fox News is the number 1 cable news network. So you tell me why, despite having the bully pulpit on multiple fronts, the pervasive right-wing message doesn't resonate here. I'm open for suggestions. Because it is kind of odd.

Ron

Matthew 13, of course.

3 Then he told them many things in parables, saying: “A farmer went out to sow his seed. 4 As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds came and ate it up. 5 Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow. 6 But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered because they had no root. 7 Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants. 8 Still other seed fell on good soil, where it produced a crop—a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown. 9 Whoever has ears, let them hear.”
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Or as I said the correlatin is people tune according to their beliefs and not the other way around.

But that does not fit the agenda in your little so no chance.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Apr 10, 2015, cat weasel wrote:
^^-10 Smile

So talk shows influence how you vote? WOW! You must be super intelligent and not easily led. Smile No pulling the wool over your eyes. Smile
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ron

And besides, if as you say, the people here are swayed easily, then wouldn't that mean that we would be a red state due to the dominance of the right-wing message? So what you said really makes no sense.

PS - if you're ever in the area, I would be glad to treat you for drinks at a local watering hole. Smile

Take care, Aces,
Ron

You posted this. And besides, if as you say, the people here are swayed easily, then wouldn't that mean that we would be a red state due to the dominance of the right-wing message? So what you said really makes no sense.

So I did not say that you did. you said that those right wing talk shows made the people in your state vote for Obama twice, and elect a Dem Guv. So yes they are swayed by talk shows. I am only agreeing with what you said. Sorry for that.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
On Apr 10, 2015, cat weasel wrote:
^^-10 Smile

Now we know why you're cat, uh, make that copy cat. Smile
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
188 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2015, acesover wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ron

Take care, Aces,
Ron

You posted this. And besides, if as you say, the people here are swayed easily, then wouldn't that mean that we would be a red state due to the dominance of the right-wing message? So what you said really makes no sense.

you said that those right wing talk shows made the people in your state vote for Obama twice, and elect a Dem Guv.

No I didn't. I said I have a theory. I also said I'm open for suggestions.

Quote:

So yes they are swayed by talk shows.

But the talk shows (and "the most popular cable news network" Fox News) are loudly and aggressively urging people NOT to vote Democrat, but to vote Republican (because, you know... Ebola and Sharia law and stuff). So this "swaying" tactic of the pervasive right-wing media has apparently not worked to the desired ends of the Republican party in my state. Your statement is therefore false.

PS - but we're still on for drinks, right? Smile

Ron
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2015, R.S. wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2015, acesover wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ron

Take care, Aces,
Ron

you said that those right wing talk shows made the people in your state vote for Obama twice, and elect a Dem Guv.

No I didn't. I said I have a theory. I also said I'm open for suggestions.

Quote:

So yes they are swayed by talk shows.

But the talk shows (and "the most popular cable news network" Fox News) are loudly and aggressively urging people NOT to vote Democrat, but to vote Republican (because, you know... Ebola and Sharia law and stuff). So this "swaying" tactic of the pervasive right-wing media has apparently not worked to the desired ends of the Republican party in my state. Your statement is therefore false.

PS - but we're still on for drinks, right? Smile

Ron

I usually don't say no to a good Manhattan . Smile So yea still on for drinks. My statements are never false...just misunderstood. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » So much for the integrity of Rolling Stone..... (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL