The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Bandwidth by Greg Wilson (Gregory Wilson) Magic Trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Creator: Greg Wilson
Publisher: Murphy's Magic
MSRP: $ 40
Skill Level: Intermediate
DVD Run time: 35 minutes

Type of effect: Ring stretching

Manufacturer's Write Up:

Gregory Wilson's BANDWIDTH is his latest seemingly impromptu miracle that allows you to borrow a spectator's finger ring and stretch it out like soft taffy. You then morph and manipulate the metal back to its previous circular form.

As if that weren't enough, you slowly squeeze the ring at your fingertips until both sides touch. To finish, you restore their flattened wedding band with a Ninja-like stab of your finger -- in mid air!

The stunned spectator takes the ring off your finger to find everything, except their mind, back in its original condition.

Since people have such strong and emotional connections to their precious metal, that's why BANDWIDTH is so visually jarring and insanely unforgettable.

How accurate is the ad copy?

Well written, this is what takes place.

What's in the box?

Two gimmicks, a size 11 men's ring, a url and passcode and some other "stuff."

Key points:

The gimmicks included allow you to stretch a borrowed silver or gold ring. This is easy to do even with short sleeves, setup is fast and easily resets.

How are the production values:

Great! All shot in HD, nice clean performance areas, multiple live and studio performances as well as several tips, performance angles and ideas.

Is it well made:

Precision made, laser cut gimmicks.

Is it well taught:

Greg Wilson is wonderful. He is clear and patient and goes over things several times so that you "get it."

My thoughts (what I personally liked/disliked):

I liked that this can be a multi-phase routine, Greg has really thought this whole thing through and he is giving you lots to work with.

Storage? Does it "pack flat?"

You wear everything on your person, completely unseen and unhindered.

How practical is this in the real world? Does it "play big?"

If you go with the "borrowed ring" routine, I think this has great potential.

How original is this idea?

I have seen metal bending routines and coin stretching routines, but never a finger ring stretching idea, nor have I seen a utility like this - very creative!

Overall score: 10/10

+ If you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas you can visit this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_LyTmhC-Qk
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7530 Posts

Profile of RNK
Have to agree- this is simply fantastic! For me, this is one of those effects that is just super fun to perform. A lot of Wilson's material is this way. Such a great thinker!!
Check out Bafflingbob.com
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Great review. Love this effect. I kill with it everyday. Well almost. 10/10 from me as well.
Rectify
View Profile
New user
Florida
55 Posts

Profile of Rectify
I agree as well. I'm more of a hobbyist who performs for people around a college campus, and this effect gets great reactions. It's quick, it's visual, and it kills when it's done with their ring. One of the best parts is ending perfectly clean. Gregory Wilson has come up with another great effect
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Bandwidth by Greg Wilson (Gregory Wilson) Magic Trick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL