The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Smoke? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

latentimage
View Profile
Elite user
No More Room In Hell..
438 Posts

Profile of latentimage
Hey everybody, I have a question that I thought I may be able to find help with here. I am doing a theatre show in 3 months, and I have decided to try to add some smoke to an effect I'm doing. Basically, it's a seance style bizarre piece, and I want smoke to come out of an open Hobbs box at the end. I am looking for something that is small enough to fit in the box without taking up all the room, and that can be triggered by remote control. Doesn't have to be a foot switch or anything like that, as an assistant will hit the button. I am aware of a few smoke devices, but I'm not sure if they'd work here or not.

I figured I would ask here since you all know what the HB is and maybe someone has done something similar. Mine is custom sized, and was made to fit Ipswich, so it's a little larger than normal. Any help or suggestions would be great!

Thanks!

Allen
"Come to the edge," he said, They Said "We Are Afraid," "Come to the edge," he said, They Came, He Pushed Them...And They Flew. -Apollinaire

"If there be a skeptical star, I was born under it. Yet I have lived all my days in complete astonishment." -W. MacNeile Dixon
docsteve
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of docsteve
A great solution is a remote hot wire: actually because I don't have the skills, I used the little wooden box from Outlaw that went with my SM.

You put some touch-paper on the wire and load the paper with heavy smoke powder.
Alternatively there are also heavy smoke matches which are beat fun and don't require the smoulder paper to ignite. Be warned it will stain and char the box a little!
[
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Http://www.outlaw-effects.com/store/gold......box.html

On the other hand, I have been playing around with Liquid Nitrogen and with proper blocking (especially in seance spook events) you can bring it into play

The other thing is some of the VAPR like things do not need to be worn and can go into a box... or under a box if you get my drift.
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
latentimage
View Profile
Elite user
No More Room In Hell..
438 Posts

Profile of latentimage
Thanks for the help guys! I am looking into Vapr right now, as it seems like that would be a great option. I have heard mixed reviews on the amount of smoke that unit puts out, and well as problems with the noise, but I think it's the right size and had the remote capability.
"Come to the edge," he said, They Said "We Are Afraid," "Come to the edge," he said, They Came, He Pushed Them...And They Flew. -Apollinaire

"If there be a skeptical star, I was born under it. Yet I have lived all my days in complete astonishment." -W. MacNeile Dixon
latentimage
View Profile
Elite user
No More Room In Hell..
438 Posts

Profile of latentimage
Just an update, I've decided to give VAPR a try. It seems to be perfect for what I need it to do in both size and function.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Smoke? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL