The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Best bent coin switch (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JoshRyan
View Profile
Regular user
Kitchener, ON, Canda
123 Posts

Profile of JoshRyan
I am new to coin magic, I currently have no tricks using coins. I've watched Michael Ammar's 1991 Magic Castle lectures, Spellbound by Michael Eaton and recently Matt Mello's Energy Coins - a bent coin effect. I'd like do that effect. I figure instead of using a gimic, I'll just do a switch and dump the unbent coin in my topit. I just don't know the best way to switch it out. Any names of sleights or magicians, I can look into?
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1907 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
One method would be spellbound change.
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
I do a simple shuttle pasd myself
David Fillary
View Profile
Special user
662 Posts

Profile of David Fillary
Get Bobo's Coin magic book (or google bobo coin magic pdf for a free online version).
Look at the "Bobo Switch" in Chapter 2. Also the one handed switch. I use a variation of this for the type of routine you describe.

While you're at it, read the rest of the book Smile
JoshRyan
View Profile
Regular user
Kitchener, ON, Canda
123 Posts

Profile of JoshRyan
Thanks for the suggestions everyone! Bobo's PDF book is a great resource.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
A lot of coin switches taught on the Encyclopedia of Coin Sleights and the NYCMS dvd series. In that series is a double bent coin routine to check out.
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
Robert Houdin 78
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of Robert Houdin 78
Personnaly I prefer a simple French drop...
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Encyclopedia of Coin Sleights and the NYCMS DVD series is THE BEST source for this! Thanks, Dr. Mike! Smile

Doug
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
The best bent coin switch is the one they don't see.
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1245 Posts

Profile of magicman29
The best bent coin routine I have seen is on one of marc spellmans dvds, off the top of my head I cant remember the name of it but check it out, also it doesn't even need a switch!

Kieran
dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of dj
Quote:
On May 12, 2015, magicman29 wrote:
The best bent coin routine I have seen is on one of marc spellmans dvds, off the top of my head I cant remember the name of it but check it out, also it doesn't even need a switch!

Kieran

"In The Shadow Of Geller"

Marc Spelmann’s unbelievable one handed coin bend that has fooled everyone who sees it, incredibly clean and best of all the coin slowly bends at the finger tips. Not just a reveal of a bent coin but the audience actually see it bend at which point it is fairly handed to the owner.

or

"In The Shadow Of Banachek"

Marc pays homage to a modern master and inspiration with a direct easy to do visual coin bend that is ready to go in an instant, a reputation maker that creates a souvenir that will be kept for years. The audience sees you with empty hand take a coin from a spectator. The coin is held in one hand only and the audience help create an energy at which point your hand is opened and the coin eerily bends at the finger tips, again it is cleanly handed back to the spectator.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Wow:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S16913

A hundred bucks! Must be some good stuff here! Thanks, guys! I gotta look into this...

Doug
J Christensen
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of J Christensen
Sleeving can be very effective. See "On Contact" in Sean Field's Explicit Content booklet.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Best bent coin switch (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL