The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Happie Amp Pro-Buskers Table- Fail (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chris.Z
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of Chris.Z
Five months ago, for the second time I signed up to support the Happie Amp crowdfund campaign to get the Pro-Buskers table funded.
In November, it was successfully funded and money changed hands. The estimated delivery date was March of this year. I received mine yesterday.
Being a month off is a relatively minor quibble but it adds up. This is the table as advertised: http://happieamp.com/other-product.html

I was genuinely excited about this product, and couldn't wait to get it out of the box. If I'm honest, I was thinking "refund" before it was entirely out of the box. I was terribly disappointed with the finished product, in my opinion it was poorly made. I made a quick video rundown of the issues I observed with the product. I am sharing this here, not to bash but because I believe the good and the bad need to be put out there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2drhA3A0gSc&feature=youtu.be

To his credit Brian did immediately send me a return shipping label and has agreed to refund my money. I appreciate that. On the whole this was a terribly disappointing experience.
squando
View Profile
Elite user
444 Posts

Profile of squando
My reaction to the Portable Pro Busker's Table was much better. I did not get any defects as shown in the video above. I am considering getting a second unit from HAPPIEAMP.COM. I like magnetic connection and will likely use the hanging straps to further secure the case. I think the pad could be replaced if use wears it out, but I havent really figured this out yet.
Frank
Dan Ford
View Profile
Special user
Illinois
754 Posts

Profile of Dan Ford
Thanks for the post..... I was interested, until now, to purchase. Quality looks inferior by your video.
tommeepickles
View Profile
Regular user
New Orleans
165 Posts

Profile of tommeepickles
Chris, I appreciate your review. I didn't enjoy the case when proposed. The price seems to be way high because it seems that's what Brian does to 'his' products, but the table doesn't look like it was made by someone who works on the street. Instead of a apron, it would have been more useful to have a tarp or cover for the box that looks like it would fall apart in the rain. A photo tripod for a stand seems a little odd for this application. Magnets for connections, cant wait till they start picking little metal shards up from everywhere, especially the street. I am sorry for offending anyone who purchased one but there are great ideas for tables in Chris Capehart's notes and in Cellini's book
bronx
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of bronx
I"m sorry to say, that I have to agree with Chris Z. The table simply will not work for me. The biggest issue I"m facing is the stand. It is simply not sturdy enough for the trade show work I do. The legs collapse with only slight pressure and at this point, I don't even have props in the case yet. I'm afraid I'll be requesting a refund as well. Too bad. I had high hopes.
Tukaram
View Profile
Loyal user
Iloilo, Philippines
227 Posts

Profile of Tukaram
Wow.... horrible video.... I mean video was ok... table not so much.

Looks like you could do better getting a Home Depot tool box and attaching your own tripod. Have you seen Go Pro with Tom Krzystof? I bought the download from Penguin a few years ago and it is really pretty good. One of the things he shows is how to make your own table similar to that - but hopefully better.
lands10
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of lands10
If anyone is concerned with quality and longevity of the product, DO NOT buy the Happie Amp Pro Buskers Table. It is a terrible product with equally terrible service. The stand is poorly made and if you have a problem with it, the solution they offer is to put another $100 towards fixing it. They will not back their product even though they admit it was poorly made. Any resolution they offered me would only cost more money.
SleightlyChris
View Profile
Veteran user
Lancashire, England
360 Posts

Profile of SleightlyChris
I'd like the chime in and say that since the time of this review on the tripod, Happie Amp has been giving the option to buy Showtime Magic's Tripod instead of theirs. Which is far superior, it has held a lot of weight that I've been testing it with and passing with flying colors.

I can't say much for the case itself because I'm not using the case in conjunction with the Showtime Magic tripod, but the attached flange/Metal Table for magnets has been wonderful.

I've spent ~$40 on the case (Including the magnets I've attached) and $125 on the base and it rocks.

http://imgur.com/a/O5Mr5
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Happie Amp Pro-Buskers Table- Fail (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL