The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Killer Red Caps (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1822 Posts

Profile of Rennie
I would just like to see if I am the only person who was disappointed after purchasing this effect.
I bought it when it first came out after much hype, but the method is ridiculous in my opinion and they are nothing more than tops off a can of WD 40.
I am not criticizing the effect, I was hoping someone could tell me I was wrong and it is a good effect.I even have trouble seeing the object under the cap at times.Any good idea's would be appreciated.
Rennie
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
whodini
View Profile
Regular user
Clearwater, FL
155 Posts

Profile of whodini
Search for a thread already on Killer Red caps. You will see there are many including myself that like it as much as you do

Park
Believe in magic!
visit me at www.whodinimagic.com
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1822 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Park,
Could not find the thread, but I guess I am not the only one who fail to see what the hype was all about with this effect...Does anyone perform it ?
Rennie
Karl Miller
View Profile
Elite user
494 Posts

Profile of Karl Miller
I do perform the effect, and with the right amount of practice, it can be a reputation maker. I personally do Bob Kohler's routine from the book, and it is a showstopper. All I can say is practice, practice, practice!! Good Luck!!
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1822 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Park,
I did find the thread and see what you mean, there was actually a few who liked it. I agreed with the majority that the way it was advertised it was hot, but very disappointed after buying it..
Rennie
Dr Madhusudan
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Dr Madhusudan
Greets,

I recieved this tricks about a year ago, however I would not recommend it. It is hard to do because of light in room.

If there is other tricks with this effect that doesn't require this kind of light please let me know.

take care,

Dr madhusudan
*Bro*
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of *Bro*
I was also a little dissapointed and when a girlfriend looked at the caps for about thirty seconds she figured it. I haven't heard anything about it recently. I'm sure Bob does it justice though.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On Feb 11, 2004, Karl Miller wrote:
I do perform the effect, and with the right amount of practice, it can be a reputation maker. I personally do Bob Kohler's routine from the book, and it is a showstopper. All I can say is practice, practice, practice!! Good Luck!!

Let's not deceive buyers now. This is not about practice, practice, practice. There really is not much practice involved. This method simply isn't reliable enough. It would be like taking your deck of cards to a venue to do tricks and realizing your cards are all glued together. This is NOT about practice. It is about how this IS NOT A RELIABLE METHOD.

BUYER BEWARE!

kj
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
2004 Posts

Profile of tbaer
Nobody ever started a thread about the worst trick of the century, but if there was, I would pick killer red caps.
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Holy resurrection!
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Was there a point?
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
I smoked a lot of people with this effect. Bob Kohler doesn't release rubbish.

There is a lot worse than this. And more every day.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On Dec 18, 2014, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
I smoked a lot of people with this effect. Bob Kohler doesn't release rubbish.

There is a lot worse than this. And more every day.

I'm glad it is working for you, but people need to know that if the lighting isn't right, the trick simply won't work.

KJ
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
The right performer can entertain with cow dung. It doesn't mean anyone can.

Quote that.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Killer Red Caps (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL