The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » SILK TO EGG... (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mgsaloon
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of mgsaloon
Hello All....Just a quick question..Is it possible to do the Silk To Egg with a TT. I have tried it but find it a bit awkward..I was wondering if anybody in the Café has used this method...

Thank You...
MatthewSims
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of MatthewSims
I don't know why you would want to use a TT. The gimmicked egg takes care of everything you need to do. I would also think that your silk would be too big for the TT anyway.
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Karrell Fox version uses a TT
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Love the TT method, only downside is that the silk needs to be smaller, but I use a 12" diamond cut silk and it works fine, audiences don't notice or care about silk size.
Upside is that there is NO egg switch. You are always holding a real egg but create the illusion that it is hollow with the TT.
Just one egg, one silk, and the TT and you are good to go with NO going to pockets and the silk vanish is much easier and cleaner IMO.
I like to peel off the fake hole at the end and put it in my breast pocket, ditching TT along with it.
Once you use TT method you will never go back.

It may feel a bit awkward at first, as with anything, but you will quickly learn how to handle it all so it looks and feels natural.
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
The pockets may add a layer of complexity for the magician, but I truly do not believe that it weakens the effect for the audience. Whatever works for you. I enjoy watching this version, which is perfectly motivated:

Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Cut your silk in half diagonally. Looks the same, half the space.
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Apr 25, 2015, tomsk192 wrote:
The pockets may add a layer of complexity for the magician, but I truly do not believe that it weakens the effect for the audience. Whatever works for you. I enjoy watching this version, which is perfectly motivated:

I totally agree, different strokes for different folks. Pop's one of my favorite performers. But he's also not afraid to buck conventionality when he sees fit.
Didn't mean to imply that the standard method is inferior, after all it has worked fine for decades and surely will long into the future.
I simply prefer using TT because it is such an easy and streamlined version while accomplishing the same effect. But I realize for others the advantages won't outweigh the disadvantages. It's all about trade offs.
Many folks aren't aware of the TT method so I think it's helpful for performers to know that there are alternatives to the tried and true standard version.
Having that knowledge they can then determine which method works best for them.
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
For sure. I can see the advantages to a TT method, not least that it is very clean and direct. If I'm honest with myself, I am probably as much drawn to the hollow egg and switch method by its devious choreography as by anything else.

What we clearly agree on is that it's a wonderful, charming piece of magic, regardless of the modus operandi. So visual, so simple, and there's just something about an egg, right?

:-)

And yeah, Pop could stand up there and read the telephone directory and it'd still be entertaining. That guy has charisma like most people have cholesterol.
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
I like Fox's version because there's no switching, it's very self contained.
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Don't Cut a silk ! just use a Diamond Cut Silk 18 inch .
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » SILK TO EGG... (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL