The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Science Friction Spray (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sean Macfarlane
View Profile
Special user
880 Posts

Profile of Sean Macfarlane
Looking to get this but it's not deliverable to Asia from Europe. Anyone have a source I can order it from to Hong Kong? Must be a way.

Sean
Bill08
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
719 Posts

Profile of Bill08
Seems like the Magic Warehouse offers shipping to China. Good Luck!
http://themagicwarehouse.com/TA7478/Science-Friction.html
Sean Macfarlane
View Profile
Special user
880 Posts

Profile of Sean Macfarlane
Thanks so much! I will give them a go!
Orlan
View Profile
Loyal user
WA
223 Posts

Profile of Orlan
I already read all the reviews I was able to find here at the Café and elsewhere about Science Friction, but can't justify buying it just to test it out (haven't seen it in person, but Joshua Jay gave it a great recommendation...). It was also compared to a different spray that's easily available, and I intend to try.

Have you used it or seen it in action? Would like to hear your review!
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
I was a big SF fan and possibly one of the few who has purchased more than one can of it (but don't know that for sure.)
But I've since switched to Robson's stick as I find it works equally well.
Still think SF is a great product, but it just can't compare to the ease of use and application of Robson's.
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On May 5, 2015, videoman wrote:
I was a big SF fan and possibly one of the few who has purchased more than one can of it (but don't know that for sure.)
But I've since switched to Robson's stick as I find it works equally well.
Still think SF is a great product, but it just can't compare to the ease of use and application of Robson's.

Does the stick work like SF -- only one card needs to be treated for it to work?
sgtgrey
View Profile
Special user
Austin, TX
839 Posts

Profile of sgtgrey
That's funny - I have Robson's stick and SF as well, and I much prefer the latter. Something about the stick just never felt "right" to me - different strokes, I guess.
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1758 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
Also the difference is the durability and reliability. For a quick solution and to work up roughed decks the stick is really nice. Robson showed it to me this Blackpool. It does not replace Science Friction. I am still looking into alternatives to get it to Asia (despite of European and US conventions, where Adians can pick up a set for their suitcase).

If Science Friction would not totally convince me, I would not have produced a second batch and a second DVD with Alexander Kölle.
Expert in playing card production for magicians.

The Person Who Says It cannot Be Done Should Not Interrupt The Person Doing It!
Chinese Proverb
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1265 Posts

Profile of rklew64
Ready to get the 2nd dvd. Thank you Christian! pm-ing you on an situation please, nothing critical - below the urgency of a paper cut... : )
Oneleggedwonder
View Profile
New user
Muscle Shoals, AL
18 Posts

Profile of Oneleggedwonder
I would have to agree here. I've used both as well and SF works great. It holds up better and handles much better to me. I would be nervous handing out cards treated with the stick but I hand the SF Monte out a few times a day. If you can get SF I would highly recommend it.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On May 11, 2015, Oneleggedwonder wrote:
I would have to agree here. I've used both as well and SF works great. It holds up better and handles much better to me. I would be nervous handing out cards treated with the stick but I hand the SF Monte out a few times a day. If you can get SF I would highly recommend it.

I would agree that one thing SF has over Robson's is it is probably less noticeable if you're going to hand any treated cards out.
I forgot about that aspect because I don't currently do any effects that use SF and get handed out.

Don't get me wrong, I still think SF is a wonderful product.
But I do love that I can use Robson's stick while reclining in an easy chair in front of the TV. I can't do that with SF, at least not without my wife killing me.
Not only that but I could make a dozen packet tricks with Robson's stick while you're still shaking the can of SF.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I recommend SF. Fantastic product.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Science Fiction is more refined, but you can also use clear (also comes in colors) Plasti Dip. If you cannot obtain SF, perhaps you can locate some of this until you can get some SF to come your way (remember to get the spray can of the clear version).

Honestly, I've got the Robson stick and it doesn't work very well at all. Might have an older 'version' of it?
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
magic in mind
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of magic in mind
Anyone tried the plastidip clear supergrip version?...Supposed to be very good so I've heard.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Science Friction Spray (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL