The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » David Copperfield´s "Graffiti Wall" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Pablo Tejero
View Profile
Inner circle
Zaragoza, SPAIN
1201 Posts

Profile of Pablo Tejero
Hi friends:

Do you know if David Copperfield´s "Graffiti Wall" has been released in the market? Could I buy this effect? If I could... where and how much money?

Thanks in advance.

All the best magic,

Pablo Tejero Smile
"The Magic is in the air, you just have to... breathe it!"
magictim
View Profile
Veteran user
Lake Charles, LA
396 Posts

Profile of magictim
I don't think its been released as the "graffiti wall." but have seen the same effect and method with a chalk board performed. I do not believe Copperfield has rights to the trick only in performance.
truthteller
View Profile
Inner circle
2584 Posts

Profile of truthteller
The chalk board effect can be purchased from Don Wayne. While similar, the tricks are different.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
From the first time I saw david perform that effect years ago, I began to realize that he had a way of really connecting to his audience with illlusions they could relate to. It is just a great example of real "modern" style in illusions.

I myself connected with it immediately just over television. I can imagine his live audience connected even stronger.

This illusion has strong appeal!

Was this a Don Wayne creation?
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Magicduck
View Profile
Elite user
Washington State
484 Posts

Profile of Magicduck
I think I saw this years ago. Is this the one where it was a mental effect, a bit like a mental epic or something. He had graffiti written on the wall, then pulled out an envelope that had, apparently, been in full view and read off previous predictions and they were correct? If that is the one, I believe it was Don Wayne. Great effect but if you watch closely, as a magician,it is not hard to catch the secret.
quack
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1673 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
Your out of your mind if you want to rip this one off. I doubt it would every be released for purchase as this is one of the most impractical illusions ever. Sure it's a great trick but the "secrect" is more than you would imagine. The actual prop is huge unless you travel with a semi... really. On a simpler note... Chalet Magic makes a nice version of Mental Epic that's practical and reasonably priced. What's next ... Flying??

Steve
LeeAlex2002
View Profile
Inner circle
1007 Posts

Profile of LeeAlex2002
You might want to check out Hocus Pocus for "Postcards from the Road". There is a new version advertised, and apparaently only eight units will be available. A little bit pricey but the effect is exactly the same as what you are looking for.
Yours Magically,
Lee Alex

https://www.devilshank.com/
Pablo Tejero
View Profile
Inner circle
Zaragoza, SPAIN
1201 Posts

Profile of Pablo Tejero
Thank everyone, specially Lee Alex, ´cause Postcards from The Road could be what I was looking for.

Thanks again.

All the best magic,

Pablo Tejero Smile
"The Magic is in the air, you just have to... breathe it!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » David Copperfield´s "Graffiti Wall" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL