The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Possible Haunting Investigation (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jamiesalinas
View Profile
Special user
Houston
728 Posts

Profile of jamiesalinas
Gang,

I have been contacted again to be part of a team that will investigate a haunting. My role will be to document the event by video, record audio and take EMF readings. It is NOT to add any spooky effects or convince anyone that there are ghosts present. My question to the group is what would you like me to report on, watch for, etc.?

Again my role is to document the event as an investigator. I am not a believer but occasionally get involved in actual investigations. It has been great to learn what reported hauntings are and what people experience.

Jamie
Jamie Salinas
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
I can'toffer any advice but it does sound like it will be an interesting thing to do. Do let us know how you get on.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1815 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
Jamie,

I think it might be interesting to take a laser thermometer to check the reality of any reported cold or hot spots. I often wonder how many of the experienced temperature fluctuations exist in the minds of those who experience them and how many have an objective reality.

On the topic of believing or not believing, I tend to believe that people who report experiences have really experienced something, so in this regard I am a believer, but I do not always agree with the interpretation these folks put upon the experience, and its cause, so in this regard I am more sceptical.

I applaude you for being involved in the investigation, and I am imagine it adds authority when you can talk about these investigations when you do séances and ither spooky performances.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Jamie, gather a sample of ectoplasm ! Smile
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
jamiesalinas
View Profile
Special user
Houston
728 Posts

Profile of jamiesalinas
I believe that if you are going to do spooky, it is best to be experienced in actual spooky stuff. This is not my first investigation and will most likely not be my last. There will be a priest present along with a shaman and a demonologist from what I have been told. I personally have not experienced anything paranormal on investigations but have witnessed people who feel they did whether it being touched or hearing something.

On one investigation, a ghost hunter was using an electronic device called an ovolus. This device takes EMF readings and converts them into speech via a speech synthesizer. Sounds like a computer generated voice. I have looked into this device. The true inner workings are confidential propriety process but it is believed to be connected with EMF readings. I think it is an expensive random word generator. I asked the person using it this question:

Let's say I am dead and was living in the 1800s and knew nothing about electronics. How would I know to generate a specific EMF signal to make your device say Hello?
The response was I don't know exactly how it works but it does.

There you go.

Jamie
Jamie Salinas
jamiesalinas
View Profile
Special user
Houston
728 Posts

Profile of jamiesalinas
Also Godzilla, I hope I don't get slimed!

Jamie
Jamie Salinas
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Two words, Jamie!

Be CAREFUL! Smile

Doug
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
3043 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
Just a couple of thoughts.

I went on a "ghost hunt" a couple of years ago, where we all had EMF detectors, cameras, and infrared thermometers. At one point, several of the "hunters" got all excited because they were getting high EMF readings right by a stairwell. This wasn't a serious investigation, but, still, I didn't have the heart to tell them it was the magnetic holder keeping the fire door open. I don't know where your investigation is, but I would probably watch out for something like this. Smile

A couple of the cameras picked up orbs, one of which was wonderful -- it was right at the end of somebody's finger, like she was pointing at it. Orbs are supposed to be caused by the flash bouncing off a speck of dust or something similar. I would take no-flash photos wherever possible.

Just thought of this... it might be intersting to do a time exposure in an area. With a film camera you can do some really long exposures without flash.

Aside from that, I would be interested in seeing if there's any magnetic influence on events, i.e., take a compass and document the direction and see if they match other events. Or use a GPS to document the coordinates and then see if there's any pattern to them.

I was in architecture for a long time, so one of my thoughts would be to plot any events on the "blueprints" and see if they relate to any of the building's systems, like HVAC ducts, pipes, electrical lines, and such.

I'm getting carried away. Sorry. Smile Aside from maybe the GPS, I guess I really don't have any suggestions for what to document.
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On May 1, 2015, jamiesalinas wrote:
Also Godzilla, I hope I don't get slimed!

Jamie

HaHa , I deleted the Slime from my post ! Smile
And, I do hope you have some kind of paranormal happen ... so, you do know!
"The Truth is Out There"

Also, add some motion detectors in areas not being visited by the hunters ...
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
jamiesalinas
View Profile
Special user
Houston
728 Posts

Profile of jamiesalinas
This will be at a private home. I will be an objective observer and document with video and audio recordings. I will not provide any opinions on site as I want to document all of what I see and experience. So far it is a go.

Jamie
Jamie Salinas
Pizpor
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of Pizpor
The investigation team is a curious mix - a priest, shaman, and demonologist. I'd be curious how you separate out their individual bias's in a truly objective manner. Each of their perceptions of any paranormal encounter may be interpreted differently. You'll have to sort that out objectively and make sense of it based on each of their belief systems. Have you considered including an intuitive or a spiritualist during the investigation? Good luck and have fun.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Possible Haunting Investigation (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL