The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Raven? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Necromance
View Profile
New user
Pattingham, UK
53 Posts

Profile of Necromance
Should I get Raven or this new Raven X2? Does RX2 do the same as R and a new effect or just a new effect?
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic-Arthur C. Clarke
Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced-probably NOT Arthur C. Clarke
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
I am satisfied with my original Raven, and have no desire to get the X2....yet. I haven't seen many good reviews on it, and not much publicity.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
TwistedMindMajik
View Profile
New user
Nashville, TN.
14 Posts

Profile of TwistedMindMajik
I'd pass on the X2, the only real difference is not worth the price difference. I prefer my original Raven (I have both, the X2 was a gift.)
...did you see that?
rvigon
View Profile
Loyal user
uk
266 Posts

Profile of rvigon
It all depends how fair you want to take it if ur fine with the orignal raven effect then why shell out money on the x2 I personaly am fine with my raven but its hard for others to tell ou wot to go for if we don't know wot you want it for so if you just wanna vanish a coin raven all the way
"No brilliance is required in magic, just determination and relatively clean fingernails."
Will Gordon
View Profile
Regular user
Las Vegas
124 Posts

Profile of Will Gordon
I've heard nothing but good things about the Raven but, I'm told it's time consuming to reset.
krist0pher
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of krist0pher
It's not that time consuming, really. Depending on how well it's originally placed on your person.
Kristopher Scofield

Myspace.com/imkrisscofield
Mustang
View Profile
Veteran user
London, England
316 Posts

Profile of Mustang
Its not that bad to reset, it depends totally what you want it for. I would first buy the raven, learn to use that properly, to use it very well takes more practice than people would let on, especiall to do the flip move convincingly to show your hands empty. Once you can use the Raven properly, then think about the X2, its slightly more difficult to use. The fundamental difference is that the Raven will vanish something, the X2 will vanish one thing and put another in its place. i.e. you can still make things vanish by vanishing one thing and not replacing anything, however, with that little bit of insight, you should be able to decide if it's for u.
"A magician is one who appreciates the difference between knowing how a trick is done, and knowing how to do a trick."
Dixie Magician
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Dixie Magician
I'v heard the X2 is too big. I'm satisfied with my Deluxe Raven Kit.
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1072 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
Yeah I am perfectly happy with my Raven. And I think that you can do the same things with a Raven as with an X2. But I never really read up on the X2. And I think it would be bulky. And I think the Raven in almost too bulky. Learn your ABC's before you write a book heh.
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
Mustang
View Profile
Veteran user
London, England
316 Posts

Profile of Mustang
Do a search on the Café, I answered this exact question about 3-4 weeks ago.
"A magician is one who appreciates the difference between knowing how a trick is done, and knowing how to do a trick."
haywire
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
760 Posts

Profile of haywire
I have a raven,and raven x2 never really liked either very much.

I've had about 30% of the people ask if its a magnet, maybe its just my handling.

I find a m5/pk magnet in my wrist works better, no setting problems, just wear
big sleeves and coins jump right to it...

Steven
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Raven? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL