The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Griffin’s Caddy by Magic Wagon (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
I expect that this one will disappear pretty fast...

Quote:
On May 21, 2015, Tony Curtis wrote:
The next Magic Wagon release will be "The Griffin's Caddy" and available on Sunday 24th May 2015.

A beautiful wooden box is shown on all sides. The performer then opens the doors showing the box to be completely empty. The doors are then closed and immediately a "gold" Griffin statue is removed from the top of the box! The performer now opens the doors showing the box to be unmistakably empty again and then produces the second "silver" Griffin statue! The kicker ending is that the box is immediately handed out for complete examination!

Each box has a beautiful and unique grain pattern of alternating light and dark stripes. It has been completely handcrafted with a high-gloss Jewellery Box finish and lined in quality velvet fabric. The Griffin statues have also been delicately and individually hand-crafted by our own artist.

The box measures approximately 12.5cms square by 12cms high (excluding the brass fittings).

It has been nearly 12 months since Magic Wagon has produced a Jewellery Box effect.

Magic Wagon will be participating at FISM this year so there next effect will not be released until late July 2015.

Tony
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
taller8
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
1087 Posts

Profile of taller8
So what do people think about this one?

First impressions?
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
It seems that only a few (8 of 75) are still available...
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1986 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Sold out !!!
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
I know how this one works.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1554 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Terrible angles kept me from buying.
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
You are probably right about the angle restrictions Jaizon... I also think that the audience has to be seated directly in front of you...
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Given the smaller size of the box your hands may be able to provide some blocking.
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1554 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Just too restrictive for my needs. Others may have no problems with it. It is beautiful.
johndevacmaker
View Profile
Special user
648 Posts

Profile of johndevacmaker
Wow Jamie your so clever !!!
SaintToby
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of SaintToby
The real magic is how quickly they get the products to you from overseas, without charging you for shipping.
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Quote:
On May 27, 2015, SaintToby wrote:
The real magic is how quickly they get the products to you from overseas, without charging you for shipping.

This is quite impressing indeed! Are you a regular customer of Magic Wagon, SaintToby?
SaintToby
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of SaintToby
Simcoscor, I'm a semi-regular customer. I've only been collecting and studying magic for the last year. I've purchased four Magic Wagon effects, Two from ebay, and two were new releases. I think the Griffin's Caddy, while not entirely appropriate for a stage or even a large gather, is an absolutely lovely piece. Context seems to be everything with each piece. One could easily find the right context for the Caddy, even if that means showing a friend at your home, while browsing your collection... such is the case for me.
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
I thought magic wagon were closing down
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Quote:
On Mar 12, 2018, rowland wrote:
I thought magic wagon were closing down

I am in communication almost every week with the Magic Wagon team and there has never been question of closing or slowing down. In fact, they have wonderful on going projects for 2018!

Simon Smile

P.S. Their next release should be available Sunday March 25th
Magic Dust
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On May 25, 2015, simcoscor wrote:
You are probably right about the angle restrictions Jaizon ...
I also think that the audience has to be seated directly in front of you

How does this trick look now in reality with the angles of vision, are they really so limited ?
After I have seen the dimensions, this is quite a small illusion, hands should be able to help ?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Griffin’s Caddy by Magic Wagon (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL