The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Time travel effects (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jamesbond
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of jamesbond
Hi guys,

I am looking for any ideas that have to do with the theme of time travel. (going back in time, slowing down time, stopping time, synchronicity,etc.)

Any ideas greatly appreciated. thanks!

Bond
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2501 Posts

Profile of ddyment
Tom Jorgenson contributed an excellent plot idea to my R2-D2 book that has subsequently become one of my "go to" impromptu effects; I generally do it close-up, but it could be a platform routine if you substitute an index card (which is the way Tom normally does it).

It involves having the participant travel back in time to reconstruct the destruction of a message written on a business/index card, and includes some great imagery (and a credible plot).
The Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More :: (order "Calculated Thoughts" from Vanishing Inc.)
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi James,

Josh Zandman put together a book with a number of contributors called "The Time Travel Manual." You can get it here: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S14706

Regards,
Steve
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
991 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
Check out "Time Machine" by Kenton Knepper.
Smile
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Punx (Ludwig Hannemann) had an entire routine based on the time travel theme. It was published in his "Experimente in dem Uberraum." (Loosely translated as "Experiments in the Fourth Dimension.") The booklet was translated into English by Bill Palmer and is well worth finding. It was first released in German in the late 1970's.
jamesbond
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of jamesbond
Thank you so much I will look into it!

Bond
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1566 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
Someone asked this exact same question two years from now, and I referred them to this thread.
E.E.
View Profile
Inner circle
Look mom, I have
1534 Posts

Profile of E.E.
Is your real name James Bond? Smile If so, how cool is that? Smile
Professional mentalist and digital artist for mystery performers. check out my work at www.facebook.com/EverElizaldeArtStudio
GaMind
View Profile
New user
Atlanta, GA
73 Posts

Profile of GaMind
LOL. Very funny Mr. Mindbender.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
I thought it was "Bond. James Bond."
CThomas
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of CThomas
Since Alain Nu is on my mind from the other day, he has an ambitious time-travel-themed effect called "Psycho-Chronetic."
DT3
View Profile
Inner circle
Hill Valley
1920 Posts

Profile of DT3
You might do well to take a dive down the rabbit hole that is Bruce Bernstein's effect "A Matter of Time."

It's in his book Unreal, and within the book are 13 variations.

Good stuff.

-Don Theo
Mysteryos
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Mysteryos
Hmm,
How about the effect Timekeeper by Matt Mellow, you could adapt the storyline and/or let the watch go backwards...?
Robb
View Profile
Inner circle
1291 Posts

Profile of Robb
Quote:
On May 24, 2015, mastermindreader wrote:
Punx (Ludwig Hannemann) had an entire routine based on the time travel theme. It was published in his "Experimente in dem Uberraum." (Loosely translated as "Experiments in the Fourth Dimension.") The booklet was translated into English by Bill Palmer and is well worth finding. It was first released in German in the late 1970's.

Good God, finding ANYTHING by Punx is virtually impossible! Where, where, where?
Nyama Possessor
View Profile
Veteran user
Under the Shade Tree
322 Posts

Profile of Nyama Possessor
I'd like to add-on:

- An Experiment With Time by Christopher Gould

- Time Lord by Anthony Black

- Sanctum II by Outlaw Effects

- Sanctum 4 - World Tour by Outlaw Effects
The Honorable NYAMA POSSESSOR

Co-Founder & Co-Creator of MAGICAL REALISM, Owner of ANCESTRAL REALM PRODUCTIONS

* 17 Year Member of the Shadow Network * ICBM Alumnus *

Creator/Author of SUMMONING RUMI and numerous other underground proprietary releases...
Books, routines and tools coming soon, available only and exclusively at www.AlchemyMoon.com
clairvoyant
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of clairvoyant
Quote:
On May 27, 2015, Robb wrote:

Good God, finding ANYTHING by Punx is virtually impossible! Where, where, where?

Here, here, here: http://www.lybrary.com/punx-m-203412.html
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2183 Posts

Profile of RCP
Doc Hilford had an interesting Jack the Ripper travel on one of his dvd's. I think it's on the vault.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Time travel effects (6 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL