The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Daryls rope routine (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Bill Hegbli:

You're right....most of EVERYBODY'S rope routine originated with George Sands......

I'm happy to have spent time with him at Abbott's Get-Together years ago.......

I will see Daryl this coming Saturday at the 77th Annual Houdini Club of Wisconsin Convention.....
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Quote:
On Aug 26, 2015, Rainboguy wrote:
Bill Hegbli:

You're right....most of EVERYBODY'S rope routine originated with George Sands......

I'm happy to have spent time with him at Abbott's Get-Together years ago.......

I will see Daryl this coming Saturday at the 77th Annual Houdini Club of Wisconsin Convention.....

I had the fun of "gophering" for George Sands when he lectured at Abbott's that year, Rick!

Daryl and I worked the Castle together, eons ago! He certainly developed a great routine from George's concepts! If you remember, Daryl did a very strong fifteen minutes with a "hunk of rope" on one of the evening shows at Abbott's, a "few" years ago, too.

Much of my rope routine though, came from Joe Ovette,(via Roy Shrimplin, Ralph Hull (and, George Hunter, via Hull) plus Bob Carver, (with ideas by Karrell Fox) and an unknown bartender in Norfolk, VA in the early '50s! ("My" Norwegian YO YO).

I hope to see many old friends at the Houdini Club Convention, this weekend, too.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
OOPS! I misunderstood jcrabtree's post!

I thought he was referring to Harold Sterling's "15 Minutes".
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Daryls rope routine (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL