The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Metamorphosis curtain. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

pueraeternus
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of pueraeternus
I'm in search of a nice metamorphosis curtain for my sub trunk, however I'm unable to come up with the right goodle keywords to find a place that sells them. Any pointers in the right direction would be much appreciated.

-Michael
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
I made a curtai from two broomsticks to which the curtain was attached. It could easily be rolled up when not in use and when you used it the only downside was that you needed two people to hold it up. Maybe you are looking for something a little more professional, but I used it for years with no problem.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
pueraeternus
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of pueraeternus
Thank you, yes I was looking for something premade. However, I'm re-thinking that now. I Love the fabric that Creative Magic used for their B-Screns & Flip Switches, but those are pricey props to cut up and re-purpose. Maybe, it's time for my first visit to a fabric store. lol.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Start with a trip to the Dollar Store and buy a shower curtain liner for a buck. Give it a try. See how it works. Then, if you want something fancier, try a nylon shower curtain from a bed and bath store. Use shower curtain rings and a Dollar Store Hula Hoop (large) and see if that works for you. If not, you are only out a few bucks for trying.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Get yourself down the "Rag Market" in Birmingham (UK Midlands) they have so much choice and great prices. I got some amazing material that was show like and light and completly opaque. Just a word of warning watch out for how wide the material is and if it needs joining some materials don't join well or invisibly. You may want to get some samples first.

I found I needed quite wide material and had to join, much wider than a couple of shower curtains (of course we are a little slimmer, on average, in the UK so your standard shower curtain may be wider. I would think that a show curtain on stage may look a little strange and possibly be too translucent?

Of course if your in the USA coming over to the Birmingaham reach market is going to be expensive, but I'm sure you have similar!
pueraeternus
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of pueraeternus
Thanks for al the sugestions. I also posted this question to one of the online retailers, Penguin and they pointed me to www.daytonamagic.com. Daytona quickly responded to my inquiry and did indeed sell one for what I thought was a reasonable price, especially for it's size.. (from memory 3.5x4.8x9.?)

They also said that they will custom make one to your liking. I believe mine was delivered today, so I I'll post an update on product when I get to touch and feel.
pueraeternus
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of pueraeternus
So, it turns out that Daytona was just the reseller of this curtain I purchased and not the manufacturer. I think most would consider what I received as overpriced, especially considering it was see through in normal light and either needs a backing material or some lighting effects. Daytona was surprised about my findings and offerred to add a backing, and I'm still thinking about adding myself b/c I may make some additional changes. It at least got me most of what I was looking for.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Metamorphosis curtain. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL