The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review: MELT/MELTDOWN - with cards, not Eric James effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

big dan
View Profile
Regular user
UK/Canada/New Zealand
178 Posts

Profile of big dan
Here is a review of a great little card trick I saw the other day, simply called MELT:

EFFECT: The magician displays a plastic wallet that has 2 cards in it, 1 in each sleeve. He asks the spectator to put his hand out and places the 2 cards face to face on the spectator's hand. He then tells him to push the cards together with the other hand, a bit like a sandwich. As soon as the spectator sandwiches the card the magician says "not that hard! and when the spectator opens his hands the top card is blank and the pips of the card can be found on the back of the bottom card. He literally pushed the pips/face design through the cards!!

REVIEW: This a little gem of a trick. Just a quickie, but it is so powerful, and all the magic happens in the spectator's hands. It is great to carry around as its just a small wallet with 2 cards. It fooled me the first time I saw it!! Its also easy to do. It retails for around £15 but I don't know where its sold (apart from my local shop - Kaymar).

Laters all

big dan
Some people work to ski....i ski to work!
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi,

Alakazam Magic own the rights to Melt/Melt-down the card effect.

Regards

Peter
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Originally put out by Tony Curtis as "Melt" before the Expert Magic "Melt" was put out, now Peter of Alakazam has bought the rights the title was obviously changed to avoid confusion.

I think it's a little pricey for what it is, but I also have to say it IS a cute quicky which is simple and I DO often have it in a pocket when doing walk around. I used to sell it myself at one time, so it must be good Smile

Paul.
imagealter
View Profile
Regular user
Christopher Griffin
158 Posts

Profile of imagealter
Hocus Pocus also sells it and it is cheaper : )

CG
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1649 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
I bought two of these from JB and just love it.
magiclee
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of magiclee
Is it called "Meltdown" by Tony Curtis?
$24.95 at Hocus-Pocus.

magiclee
DavyBoy
View Profile
New user
Dorset UK
71 Posts

Profile of DavyBoy
I must agree with you guys,I have this and think it's excellent.
It certainly fooled me first time I saw it performed.
I also came up with a routine using this and a blank-faced deck.Recommended.

DavyBoy.
graeme_p_
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of graeme_p_
It costs £10 in a shop near me and looks amazing
Michael M
View Profile
New user
Orlando, FL
87 Posts

Profile of Michael M
Greetings Everyone,

I am currently writing a manuscript with some different ideas on handling and presentation for this wonderful effect. If anyone has any ideas they would like to contribute, please feel free to contact me. If we use your idea in the project, you will receive a complimentary copy of the complete finished product. Thank you very much and we look forward to your submissions!

Michael Matson
My Magic - My Way Entertainment
Conjuring With Character
www.MyMagicMyWay.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review: MELT/MELTDOWN - with cards, not Eric James effect (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL