The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Word by Scott Wells » » 226: John Gaughan - Magic's Builder (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Scott Wells
View Profile
Inner circle
Houston, TX
1025 Posts

Profile of Scott Wells
This special podcast features one of the "wizards behind the curtain", John Gaughan. Johnny has been building illusions for some of the top magicians as well as lesser known entertainers in the world for probably 50 years. I spent a delightful afternoon in his workshop and his private salon where he keeps his prized magic collection including his automata like Antonio Diavolo, "Psycho" the whist playing automaton, "Houdini" an automaton who signs his autograph, and of course, my favorite, "The Turk" the chess playing automaton.

John talks on this week's podcast about his life in magic, how he evolved from painting the sets on "The Magic Land of Allakazam" with Mark Wilson to creating "Flying" for David Copperfield. He has enjoyed a wonderful life and associated with all the greats of stage performers. You can read the blog, watch some videos I recorded in his workshop where he gives us a guided tour of his collection, see some photos, listen online to the podcast and download the MP3 file at: http://themagicwordpodcast.com/scottwellsmagic/john-gaughan And of course, if you prefer, then you can download and listen through iTunes, Stitcher, Tunein and FeedPress.

Thanks for listening!
"A magician who isn't working is only fooling himself." - Scott Wells, M.I.M.C. with Gold Star

The Magic Word podcast: http://themagicwordpodcast.com Listen to convention coverage, interviews with magicians, pictures, videos and more.

Magic Inspirations website for all things Banachek: www.magicinspirations.net
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Word by Scott Wells » » 226: John Gaughan - Magic's Builder (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL