The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Asrah levitation rigging (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

davidmaxi
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of davidmaxi
Hi Guys,
Also considering to buy an Asrah levitation.
I work in a permanent workplace, not for touring show, which is good…
But I have no idea how is the rigging system and if its suitable to my workplace.
I can set up riggings on lateral sides but not behind the stage…
Can anyone familiar with this illusion give me any kind of advice in Private Message?
Thanks.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
You should not expect anyone to just offer you the workings of any illusion. You can do what all illusions do and purchase the plans or a book where this is described.

Start here:

http://www.abbottmagic.com/Asrah-New-Osb......rnew.htm

https://www.stevensmagic.com/shop/comple......ah-book/
~michael baker
The Magic Company
john wills
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of john wills
Lateral rigging is no problem, even better. Buy: Encyclopedia of Suspension and Levitation.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I sent you a pm. As John said...lateral rigging is not the problem. Distance from the audience and depth of the stage is.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Pm sent
MagicSA
View Profile
New user
South Africa
67 Posts

Profile of MagicSA
Distance from audience and lighting are the two bigger problems with this illusion. But it's good you have a fixed place; you only have to adapt once.
davidmaxi
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of davidmaxi
Hi guys, thanks,the audience is quite far.
But over the stage and on the sides of the stages there is a rigging possibility but not on the sides, it would be right over the illusion and also there is no place for a stagehand.
I would have to make a specific installation with 2 or 3 pulley … Not sure it would work… ?
Thanks!
john wills
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of john wills
Being a magician is ALWAYS solving problems!
john wills
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of john wills
Davidmaxi,
If you are reading you latest question again, you will learn that the rigging problem is inside your head. Not solving a problem, but CREATING it. You're overthinking the "problem" not doing any research.
You write in the second line: "over the stage AND on the sides(---) but NOT the ON the sides(---).
Please stop fishing, but PLEASE follow my earlier advice: buy the book, or (as you asked before) hire a professional consultant.
MRSharpe
View Profile
Special user
Never a dull moment with
940 Posts

Profile of MRSharpe
And if you are going to rig anything overhead--yes I know this is not necessary with Sarah--hire professionals to do the work for you unless you are a trained and experienced theatrical rigger. Improvisation here can cause really bad accidents, injury, and even death when overhead rigging is involved.
Custom Props Designer and Fabricator as well as Performer from Indiana, USA
MRSharpe
View Profile
Special user
Never a dull moment with
940 Posts

Profile of MRSharpe
And if you are going to rig anything overhead--yes I know this is not necessary with Asrah--hire professionals to do the work for you unless you are a trained and experienced theatrical rigger. Improvisation here can cause really bad accidents, injury, and even death when overhead rigging is involved.
Custom Props Designer and Fabricator as well as Performer from Indiana, USA
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Asrah levitation rigging (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL