The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Replacing wicks for Kaps on Fire Wallet (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dano
View Profile
Loyal user
Centerville, OH
240 Posts

Profile of Dano
Has anyone had to replace their wicks, and with what? Mine fell off one night and caused quite a problem, I managed to salvage one (wick), cut it in half and re-glued both sides with epoxy. I only get about 50% strike success now, but at least the wicks haven't fallen off again!

Hope no one has had this problem, but if you have please share! The mfgr. is in France, so not much help.
"Magic" is merely an illusion, but "Perception" is reality!
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Is there a source for new wicks for the Kaps?
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
I would only use what the manufacturer suggests for any fire or pyro devices because of the danger element.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Good point Regan, better be safe here.
Allan Olive
View Profile
Regular user
Charlotte
180 Posts

Profile of Allan Olive
Here is a suggestion for a replacement wick. I may be way off base but I would not be afraid to try it.

I have the Kapps fire wallet and the wick on it looks to be made of the same material that old cub scout belts were made of. I believe that the Army and Marines also had belts with this kind of material.

You can go to an old army surplus store, get one of those belts and have enough wick to last a lifetime.
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
http://www.dube.com has a small variety of wick. I haven't any experience with a fire wallet, but my book uses the kind of wick they sell. Good luck!

Daniel
implicit
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of implicit
I'm also looking for good replacement wicks.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The web design wicks are from Kerosene laterns used in camping. Wal-Mart carries these for replacement. Then you can also use patio torch wicks, these are at Wal-Mart also.
nitram
View Profile
Veteran user
London U.K.
308 Posts

Profile of nitram
I know that I am a bit late on this one, but use lamp wicks as suggested, but remove the backing behind the wick and staple them to it. Then reglue the backing.

Regards Nitram UK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Replacing wicks for Kaps on Fire Wallet (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL