The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Almost meaningless anecdote (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Hawkan
View Profile
Elite user
Sweden
495 Posts

Profile of Hawkan
I might have mentioned it before, that I work as a police officer. Two days ago I stopped a car to conduct a sobriety test (just a routine thing). The driver spoke with a small accent that I didn´t recognize. When I explained how to blow into the instrument, he asked me to tell it in english instead. I didn´t understand why, as I thought he was from Sweden. He then explained that he had been living and studying in Sweden for one year, 71-72. This was his first time back, showing this country to his wife. Unbelievably good at speaking Swedish! Now, I asked where he lived in the US, and he told me Washington DC. Well, you know, I HAD to mention The Great Zucchini... He and his wife laughed and looked properly puzzled and told me that, yeah, he is quite a celebrity in the area. They lived near the Avalon theatre where they knew TGZ sometimes performs.

HÃ¥kan
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
I want to know if I mention your name at the http://www.sacc-la.org , will anyone know you Smile
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Hawkan, I should have thought of this great practical joke first.

Those two people may run into Zuke and tell him about their encounter. Maybe yes, maybe no........ but they could, you never know Smile
So, PM Zuke with the city you were in, the make, model, and color of the car, what the two were wearing, and the weather conditions. You're a Polisen... you should remember all that Smile

Now... think about how funny it would be if two strangers ran into Zuke and told him about their encounter and he responded with... "Yes, It's coming to me". " You were driving a _color_ _model_ and wearing a _color_ _style_ (of clothing) and it was _ ?_ degrees that day" .... "Yes... my psychic powers still work"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
IF that was to happen... the look(s) on their face(s) would be priceless.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
HÃ¥kan, did the driver get the citation?
Hawkan
View Profile
Elite user
Sweden
495 Posts

Profile of Hawkan
Jay: that would have been a great idea, but I have a lousy memory. The man could stand right in front of me now and I wouldn´t have a clue. And no...I am sure they wouldn´t know me. Sweden is a small country, but not that small.

Dynamike: I have to confess I don´t know what that means Smile

HÃ¥kan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Almost meaningless anecdote (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL