The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » In Praise of the Ungimmicked ID (31 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
JBSmith1978
View Profile
Veteran user
NY
389 Posts

Profile of JBSmith1978
Shoesmith completely satisfied me with his method. Kudos.
lcwright1964
View Profile
Special user
Toronto
569 Posts

Profile of lcwright1964
Quote:
On Aug 21, 2015, JBSmith1978 wrote:
Shoesmith completely satisfied me with his method. Kudos.

It does work, doesn't it? I think it has quickly superseded my efforts to adapt the Wilson/Richardson Ultra Mentally Challenged to Mnemonica, but I do credit the latter with introducing me to the idea of the Carlyle move in favour of the the HP.

Les
sgtgrey
View Profile
Special user
Austin, TX
839 Posts

Profile of sgtgrey
Agreed, Les. While the Ultra Mentally Challenged adds a little deceptiveness by allowing you to spread slightly past the reversed card, it is not worth the price you pay in simplicity of Shoesmith's handling. I've modified his handling just a little because I think it makes it just a little smoother and more deceptive, but that may just be my personal tweaks. Such a great find!
helder
View Profile
Inner circle
Portugal
1065 Posts

Profile of helder
Is Shoesmith's handling of ID published?
My version of Eddie fetcher "Be Honest What's it?" it's available at Penguin Magic
Check my Facebook group: Mentalism Secrets
Email: heldermagico@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/heldermagico
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
IMHO Shoesmith's method is brilliant but has too much movement to satisfy me. I am working on a devious method. Probably never done before. Have to research it.
WayneBurrows
View Profile
New user
Palmerston North, New Zealand
72 Posts

Profile of WayneBurrows
Are the mechanics of Steven Keyl's version available anywhere?

Or are the similar enough that I can work it out from Michael Close's version?

Thanks
Magic1
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
408 Posts

Profile of Magic1
I think German magician, Rene Vossen’s handling is very clean!
https://youtu.be/72gZOrmuBVw
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Quote:
On Dec 13, 2018, WayneBurrows wrote:
Are the mechanics of Steven Keyl's version available anywhere?

Or are the similar enough that I can work it out from Michael Close's version?

Thanks

You can work it out from the Close version. If you have any questions or issues, shoot me a PM.

Since that video was shot (a couple of years ago) I no longer do it this way. I have removed the half pass in favor of a move by Bob Farmer, which he showed me at Magic Live in Florida a couple of years back. It's a great move, and much better than the half pass for this particular application.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

B2B Magazine Test!

Best impromptu progressive Ace Assembly ever!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
Bob Farmer
View Profile
Elite user
Magic Forest
428 Posts

Profile of Bob Farmer
Steven may be referring to "Turnantula" which you can find with a video on Lybrary.com
aabc
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of aabc
Patrick Redford has a nice take. It is explained on a video on the Redford Stack toolbox, a set of video extras you get with his memdeck book Temporarily Out of Order.
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1751 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
Thanks for the mention! Temporarily Out of Order (my memorized deck book) is back in stock in shops worldwide!

Here's a video performance link of the mentioned routine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3caDCl6UV4&t=7s
aabc
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of aabc
You're welcome! Is there an expected release date for the next book yet? Eagerly anticipating it!
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1751 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
No release date yet! I'm well behind schedule on it!
aabc
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of aabc
No worries! Looking forward to it though.
gowenmagic
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of gowenmagic
Just started working on this last week. And some misdirection I found that’s based off of an old Tamariz line that will allow you ample time to stop and get a pinky break under 2 cards. After they name their card… you ask them if they would prefer the 3 of hearts instead… the 3 of hearts you offer them though is actually the card directly above their card. So when you’re spreading and come to it you have a reason to stop now and say “that’s the 3 of hearts, the card I offered but you didn’t want it you wanted the 2 of clubs…” this gives all the justification for stopping and getting a break.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » In Praise of the Ungimmicked ID (31 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL