The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » T.U.C coin routines - Ideas (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of dj
I like T.U.C coin.
T.U.C is one of the best coin gimmick ever.

I have two visual routines ( that's my opinion ) with TUC coin.
I love routines where something penetrates through the glass, where spectators can see everything.

Here are my two ideas with T.U.C:

"Copper Silver Coins Through Glass Table":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkdjlA5i5i8

"Three Kennedy`s Through Glass Table":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Goms4fdehL0

Does anyone have other ideas, other routines with T.U.C ?
We can open an extra thread with " TUC Coin routines ".
What do you think about this idea?

dj
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Paging Mr. funsway
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
2004 Posts

Profile of tbaer
Breaker Breaker 1-9 - Funsway, you got your ears on?
dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of dj
Quote:
On Jul 23, 2015, videoman wrote:
Paging Mr. funsway

??
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
Just got home -- will respond in the morning
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
Thanks, Inigmntoya and DJ

I wrote this book in the hopes it would inspire others to view the T.U.C. as more than just a gaff coin, but as a portal to creativity and magical adventure.

This may have happened, but view have posted any such effects/refinements or have communicated with me about new ideas. It is enough that Mr. Tango asked me to write it.

Now we have a couple of fine examples of "going beyond" that may have nothing to do with my suggested approaches at all. Creativity is its own reward.

If I had the ability to shoot such clear videos, who knows what may have transpired. But, "magic" must be the hero -- not the individuals who have been inspired by a spinning coin.

I am much impressed by DJ's work here. The visual illusions of the coins above and below are profound and beautiful.

I prefer the Kennedy one as I feel the presence of the copper creates some diffusing anticipations for the observer, but this may wrk well depending on routine flow that makes the copper necessary.

I would suggest varying the left hand positions and palming technique from phase to phase -- perhaps using Liwag Subtlety or Crimp.
WIth each repeat the spectator's focus and suspicion will shift -- and this can be manipulate to advantage, or detract from the "experience of real magic" that is desired.
I also think the Schneiderish Drop Vanish is a bit rushed compared with the earlier moves.

These comments illustrate the problem with the suggested forum for such new effects. They cannot be properly discussed on an open forum on the Café'
as the poster must either assume a lot of a priori knowledge on the part of the readers or risk revealing too much as to method.

Even a shift to Secret Sessions will not insure that those participating are prepared for the titillation of a new effects Smile

I had once envisioned a Website/Blog for this purpose, but am not sure how to balance the Mentoring draw with the time involved.

I have several new effects to share with those who communicate with me directly and can demonstrate am level of competence with what is already available.

I would actively participate in such a forum/site as long as it did not wallow in "hey, look at me" or reveal too much method.

Naturally, I would love to see videos of magicians performing some of the effects I have created -- not as an ego brush, but to fuel further interest in my crating new effects.

Remember, I cannot physically perform many of these effects because of crippled hands. Seeing a person like Dj perform better than I ever could is wonderful.

Can I help him do it better? Perhaps. Can he inspire others? Certainly.

Who will be the audience? Of that I am less confident.

Perhaps I am too "old school." When I Mentor a person live they get a new effect to learn when they demonstrate mastery of the old one.

The modern desire to "buy today, perform tomorrow" or "I just want the latest thing" does not excite my interest. Neither does any demand that an effect be on video to best explain it.

I am open to ideas as too how to accomplish this.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » T.U.C coin routines - Ideas (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL