The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Lion murdered (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Even creepier are these comments by Tippi.

"Although she stresses now that his trainer, Ron Oxley was always shadowing his animal"

and

"He loved to sleep on Melanie’s bed, she writes, and ‘one night I went down to find them both asleep, side by side’."

I guess you have to imagine with Ron Oxley in the room watching both the Lion and Melanie while they slept!
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On Jul 31, 2015, acesover wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 1, 2015, mastermindreader wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
On Jul 31, 2015, mastermindreader wrote:
Actually, it wasn't misplaced. It was pretty clever but you simply didn't get the joke.

I could come back with the statement you make on occasion when discussing a topic and say. The mass killing of crows is nothing to joke about. But I won't do that. Smile

And it's probably a good idea that you don't, because it would be a clueless comeback. But why break precedent? Go for it.

Here is the perfect example of you doing just as I mentioned: "Bandwagon? Why so dismissive?" All of a sudden you are so offended.

I have to laugh. You are so valiant and try to look so honorable when it suits you. That is exactly what I mean. Nothing but a ploy.

Interesting that you can't even permit yourself to admit that the joke went completely over your head. Now you're just making yourself look stupid.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Aug 1, 2015, rockwall wrote:
If I had raised a lion, he would look like Cecil. Smile

If I had raised a lion, he'd probably look like Clarence.
The Hermit
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of The Hermit
Quote:
On Aug 1, 2015, balducci wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 1, 2015, rockwall wrote:

If I had raised a lion, he would look like Cecil. Smile

Speaking of raising a lion ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/articl......bed.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-......als.html

I can't imagine the size of the 'cat box'
This is NOT fake:

acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
On Jul 31, 2015, mastermindreader wrote:
Actually, it wasn't misplaced. It was pretty clever but you simply didn't get the joke.

I could come back with the statement you make on occasion when discussing a topic and say. The mass killing of crows is nothing to joke about. But I won't do that. Smile

And it's probably a good idea that you don't, because it would be a clueless comeback. But why break precedent? Go for it.

Here is the perfect example of you doing just as I mentioned: "Bandwagon? Why so dismissive?" All of a sudden you are so offended.

I have to laugh. You are so valiant and try to look so honorable when it suits you. That is exactly what I mean. Nothing but a ploy.

Interesting that you can't even permit yourself to admit that the joke went completely over your head. Now you're just making yourself look stupid.

Interesting you say? You seem to find the most Mundane things interesting. It sure does not take much to amuse you. Smile You would probably find a piece of paper with the phrase, "read other side" written on both sides interesting and hold your interest for quite a while. Smile Of course this maybe over your head.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
For the last few hours, I've been fumbling with this paper that has the words "THE OTHER SIDE IS A LIE" on both sides of it.

I'll get back to you when I figure it out.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Aug 2, 2015, landmark wrote:
For the last few hours, I've been fumbling with this paper that has the words "THE OTHER SIDE IS A LIE" on both sides of it.

Have you figured out whether it is true or not? Smile
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:

That's an easy one: Side A is a lie; side B is not.

Now, if side A read, "The other side is a lie," and side B read, "The other side is not a lie," there would be a big problem.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Yes, you're right, aces. Actually your post wasn't interesting at all. As to the simplistic closed loop paradox of "The statement on the other side of this card is false," you should find the following explanation of the well-known Yablo's Paradox much more interesting, since Yablo claimed it was not self-referential as in the example you cited. This is the variant that I use to amuse myself when I'm not laughing at your posts:

Quote:
Yablo's paradox arises from considering the following infinite set of sentences:

(S1): for all k > 1, Sk is false
(S2): for all k > 2, Sk is false
(S3): for all k > 3, Sk is false

The paradox can be analyzed as follows. First, suppose that some statement Si is true. Then it follows from the statement of Si that every statement later in the sequence is false, and in particular that Si+1 is false. Hence, since Si+1 is false, there is some j>i+1 such that Sj is true. But, because j is also greater than i, this means that Si must have been false. This is a contradiction, so the original assumption that Si is true must be wrong. Thus Si must be false for every i. But this means, in particular, that Si is false for every i>1, and thus S1 is true. This is paradoxical, because the analysis has already shown that S1 cannot be true.

The analysis shows that there is no consistent way to assign truth values to the statements in the paradox. Moreover, none of the sentences refers to itself, but only to the subsequent sentences; this leads Yablo to claim that his paradox does not rely on self-reference. However, this claim is disputed.

http://www.accionfilosofica.com/misc/1183297103crs.pdf

Hope that clears it up for you.Smile

If you were a mentalist, you'd know that such paradoxes form the basis of many powerful routines.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:

Perfect. So we'll hear from you in a trillion years.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
You think you're happy? Imagine the delight of my wife.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On Aug 3, 2015, S2000magician wrote:
Quote:

That's an easy one: Side A is a lie; side B is not.

Well, I didn't know which one was Side A, because they look so much alike. So I did what you said, and picked the side I thought was Side A, and explained to my wife which side was false and which was true. But then she goes and spoils it all by turning the paper over and telling me that that side was Side A. And danged if that wasn't true too. So now I can't find Side B.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Aug 3, 2015, mastermindreader wrote:
Yes, you're right, aces. Actually your post wasn't interesting at all. As to the simplistic closed loop paradox of "The statement on the other side of this card is false," you should find the following explanation of the well-known Yablo's Paradox much more interesting, since Yablo claimed it was not self-referential as in the example you cited. This is the variant that I use to amuse myself when I'm not laughing at your posts:

Quote:
Yablo's paradox arises from considering the following infinite set of sentences:

(S1): for all k > 1, Sk is false
(S2): for all k > 2, Sk is false
(S3): for all k > 3, Sk is false

The paradox can be analyzed as follows. First, suppose that some statement Si is true. Then it follows from the statement of Si that every statement later in the sequence is false, and in particular that Si+1 is false. Hence, since Si+1 is false, there is some j>i+1 such that Sj is true. But, because j is also greater than i, this means that Si must have been false. This is a contradiction, so the original assumption that Si is true must be wrong. Thus Si must be false for every i. But this means, in particular, that Si is false for every i>1, and thus S1 is true. This is paradoxical, because the analysis has already shown that S1 cannot be true.

The analysis shows that there is no consistent way to assign truth values to the statements in the paradox. Moreover, none of the sentences refers to itself, but only to the subsequent sentences; this leads Yablo to claim that his paradox does not rely on self-reference. However, this claim is disputed.

http://www.accionfilosofica.com/misc/1183297103crs.pdf

Hope that clears it up for you.Smile

If you were a mentalist, you'd know that such paradoxes form the basis of many powerful routines.

That is all very interesting .Who is Yablo? Smile

Also I never made the statement saying "The statement on the other side of this card is false". Again as I said before you make a statement that has nothing to do with the topic in order to make yourself sound intelligent. It is not working. Smile I simply said the paper reads ""read other side". I feel you find it amusing and entertaining and keep reading it for a period of time until you realize....
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Lion murdered (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL