The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » At the Table Live Lecture Titanas August 5 2015 (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
ollybollydobdob
View Profile
New user
UK
80 Posts

Profile of ollybollydobdob
Never really bothered with any of Titanas's previous releases, Not that I didn't think they would be any good, It's just that they never appealed to me or were my kind of style. I wasn't intending in purchasing this Lecture, However, I read somewhere (think it was on here) about an effect Titanas does with a piece of Gum, now I have an obsession with any Magic involving Gum/Sweets and Liquids/Bottles so I thought 'what the hell' it was only about £5, so I bought it, sat and watched it, and . . I loved it!! I mean really loved it, I know this sentence gets thrown around so much, but it's one of the best lectures I have EVER seen, there is SO MUCH MATERIAL on here, seriously, for a fiver, I feel like I have ripped you off Titanas!
Ok, so what's in the Lecture . . .

MORGAN FREEMAN and UNLOCKING PHONE
I have never really liked Smart Phone tricks, just beause a friend of mine always used various different ones and people would always be saying "ah, it's just an APP" no matter what he did, people would just think it was an APP. These 2 are soooo different, I don't want to say too much or give too much away, it's best if you don't know what's coming when you watch the lecture, but I will use both of these, MORGAN FREEMAN is hilarious with a great presentation and UNLOCKING PHONE looks visually amazing, and neither require an APP!!!!!!!!!
BALLSY TRICK
Spectator chooses a card, lost in the deck, then the Magician wraps his hands around the deck so it's completely covered, Then one card flies out from between his hands ans lands on the table, it's the spectators card.
Not really my thing, looks amazing, but not easy and I would imagine a few angle issues, given the right performing situation and lots of practice, I think some people would definitely be able to use this.
ORACLE and VARIATION
I saw ORACLE performed on the WIZARD PRODUCT REVIEW a while back and didn't think that much to it, it seemed to be 'Magic for Magicians' you could do the same effect just forcing a card on a lay person, I didn't know how it worked, but wasn't that bothered.
When I watched the explanation to Oracle, I must admit, I thought it was very clever, but still, never gonna use it, then Titanas did the VARIATION,Honestly, this blew my mind, it's awesome! You find 2 cards with half as much 'work' instead of one card with twice as much 'work' there is no sleight of hand or memory work as such, just something you have to keep practising to get it down, it's not difficult, I watched the Lecture on Saturday evening, it's now Monday evening and I can look through the deck in about 20 seconds and know both cards, the more you practice the faster you will become, I think it's worth the effort, it's really good!
THE SOURCE
it's an ACAAN, never been that into this effect, I have seen loads of different versions, this isn't the best one, but certainly not the worst! I like that it can be a borrowed shuffled deck with no set up or gimmicks or extra cards.
TITANS FINGER
This is a version of his marketed effect, I don't think this would work if you said to someone "look, watch this, I'm gonna twist my finger around, are you ready, watch" However, if you were doing, say, a card trick and the card needed signing, and while they were signing the card (in that bit of 'dead' time) you just casually twisted your finger round, then carried on with the card trick, I think this would be a really fun little extra, and would definitely catch a lot of people of guard.
IDENTITY THIEF
Another phone trick that you can do with THEIR phone, again, no APPS or gimmicks, someone can hand you their phone and you can do it, it's very very clever, Michael Murray is credited a lot with this effect.
ANNIVERSARY TANGO
As the name suggests, TITANAS'S version of ANNIVERSARY WALTZ, It's ok, but I do prefer some other versions.
WHAT ON EARTH and VARIATIONS
Brilliant!! I loved this, its a kind of open prediction with a kicker ending, I don't want to give anything away, but honestly, if this effect was packaged with the all the cards and gimmicks included (you can easily make this yourself) and it was about £25, ($40) you would buy it!!
Some lovely hints and tips on the classic force, never used it myself, but am actually going to give this a go now . .
A great control of a card.
2 peaks, both of them awesome, never seen them before and I will be using both of these from now on instead of the one I learnt from Jay Sankey dvd about 10 years ago.
GUM TRICK
Really good torn and restored and colour changing Gum. What I like about this is it actually LOOKS like the gum has been torn/ripped in half. It's a great quickie to show people on the fly.
COIN SEALED
A coin penetrates into a clear bag. This is ok, again a nice quickie.
POKER HAND
This is the only effect in the Lecture I don't like. It's a prediction type effect, with an envelope and a deck of cards, but there are much better effects of this kind, I think.
Throughout, Titanas gives hints and tips and a great Magician Gag, talks about some of his TV work, other phone effects, creativity etc etc.
I really like Titanas, he seems like a such cool bloke, so creative and imaginative, and it's such a relaxed lecture, and so much is covered.
For the price, you are robbing him!!!
Top man Titanas, great Lecture, Cheers,
Darren
BCE
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of BCE
When will the DVD be available? Or, would it be simpler just to get the download?

Also, I would consider maybe renaming, or at least abbreviate or shorthand the name of first effect.
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1995 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Wow I am so flattered, thank you so much guys.

Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
View Profile
Special user
874 Posts

Profile of 1908
Titanas...give me a hug, I missed you my friend! A hug for a packet of strawberry and banana chewing gums!
Don't wait for the perfect moment...Take a moment and make it perfect!!!
M Pitcher
View Profile
Elite user
Around the block
432 Posts

Profile of M Pitcher
Having now performed Morgan Freeman, unlocking phone and what in the world, I still can't believe what Titanas shared with us in this lecture. Identity Thief was also another great routine.
I would love to know when the set of his phone tricks will come out.
Well done Sir,
MP
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1995 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Thanks guys,
Here is another great review:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=109

Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
SlipperySnake
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of SlipperySnake
Great lecture. Clever guy that Titanas is.
Grippo's Wish
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of Grippo's Wish
I can't find the app for the flashlight - any tips?
Grippo's Wish
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of Grippo's Wish
Found it. Just typed "flashlight app clapping" in google and there it was
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » At the Table Live Lecture Titanas August 5 2015 (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL