The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Seer by Mark Calabrese (51 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8
TRI6KED
View Profile
Elite user
UK
421 Posts

Profile of TRI6KED
Quote:
On Aug 21, 2015, TazBo wrote:
Just received mine a couple of days ago in the UK with no import Taxes. This is probably due to the fact I only purchased one item and maybe didn't qualify for import duties. Just been practicing the main move and finding it not too hard to pick up, but in order to get it off to a T it will require much practice. I am not sure about the angles yet, but I can imagine that they would be quite restrictive.

Sorry guys, I bought 2 tricks recently and got a bit mixed up with the reviews.
I was correct regards the import duties, there were none.
But the move I was referring to was not this trick. Sorry if I mislead anyone.
ULockJustice
View Profile
Loyal user
Columbus, OH
201 Posts

Profile of ULockJustice
I'm very pleased with mine. There is some very clever thinking with this product. Well thought out and clear explanations. This is going into my magic Go Bag. I particularly liked the extra bit where Marc explains some other concepts and thoughts about the gimmick with no effect in mind. I wouldn't be scared to recommend this to others.
This is the profile of Comedian + Magician Erik Tait. A self-promoting sleight of hand artist who thinks he is the cat's meow.

PM for beard tips.
seanksutton
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of seanksutton
I've been working on this for about a week now. The main effect in the demo is pretty difficult for me to get down honestly. Don't get me wrong, this is going to be something I am always going to have on me, but for now, It's difficult for me to find all four cards... I usually get around 3... Anyways, I still love the Seer.
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
I received the Seer yesterday. Really nice thinking and good video teaching.

I tried the Oracle which works perfectly, but I need some advice. PM me for details.
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
Ramius
View Profile
New user
Tulsa, OK
82 Posts

Profile of Ramius
If the audio in the trailer is as good on the DVD, then I'm already mightly impressed from that one element. I listen to a lot of stuff with headphones, and this one really shines. Too often I think we forget just how good audio can make a produciton. Now if my order will only hurry up and get here!
RiBo
View Profile
New user
Orando, FL
78 Posts

Profile of RiBo
Quote:
On Aug 22, 2015, Ramius wrote:
If the audio in the trailer is as good on the DVD, then I'm already mightly impressed from that one element. I listen to a lot of stuff with headphones, and this one really shines. Too often I think we forget just how good audio can make a produciton. Now if my order will only hurry up and get here!

The quality of the videos is top notch (and Mark's teaching of the routines is excellent) but to clarify, there's no DVD included. You'll get the gimmick and a link with a (presumably) unique code in the package for the videos.

Also worth noting, as others have said, there are around seven routines and another eight or ten variations. The amount of content is just outstanding.
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Do some of you, when performing the Oracle, have some trouble ? I have no problem performing the effect with my own deck, but I would definitely NOT perform it with a borrowed deck... Has anyone tried it already ?
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
seanksutton
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of seanksutton
Quote:
On Aug 24, 2015, doriancaudal wrote:
Do some of you, when performing the Oracle, have some trouble ? I have no problem performing the effect with my own deck, but I would definitely NOT perform it with a borrowed deck... Has anyone tried it already ?

I did it for a fellow magician with his deck (it was a new bicycle deck) and didn't have much of a problem. The impromptu one (the one I did) takes a little bit to find the right patter for timing loads in a natural way.
Sean Xem
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
235 Posts

Profile of Sean Xem
I have to agree with the positive reviews so far. This material is excellent and well thought out.

The gimmick is so easy to carry around and access too. Fantastic stuff, Mark!
AussieChris
View Profile
New user
Melbourne, Australia
9 Posts

Profile of AussieChris
The Seer... wow! so powerful.
I'm only a hobby magician, so I was super terrified of doing this. Specially to people that can work out some of my tricks, burn cards and hands, and may know some secrets already.
So with some inner courage and adrenaline, I have performed this, and it's been a success each time. "Unbelievable, haha" - D.D.

I have not reached a point where I can do 4 cards... due to wanting the smoothness and timing of patter and actions to be spot on. Will need to keep studying MC's performances.
Even still, just finding 2 cards is a miracle. Smile

I love it when I think I stuff up, but they have no idea what's going on, so continue to the end and they just love it!
Personally I think it's best for people that like to work out tricks, they don't mind the lack of story and presentation, and get a thrill of seeing something that cannot be explained Smile

Calabrese's humour - I enjoyed it, great touch Smile
larachan
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of larachan
Anyone else having issues with the Seer gimmick leaving the cards altered? Am I doing something wrong? Not sure where else to ask this question.

Otherwise. I love this!!!
e-man
View Profile
Special user
HILTON HEAD,SC
880 Posts

Profile of e-man
Smile
我被烹调
ERIC HELVENSTON
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Seer by Mark Calabrese (51 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL