The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Review: Miracle Prediction Chest by Hand Crafted Miracles (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1253 Posts

Profile of rmendez
I just received this marvelous little wonder and wanted to share my enchantment and satisfaction with the rest of the magic community. These are lovingly and meticulously hand crafted in a variety of exotic woods and the finest materials available by a master craftsman and magician with many decades of experience. The diabolical method is unlike anything I have ever seen and will absolutely fool everyone. A card, dollar bill, or prediction appears three dimensional from all angles because it is. This is the only box I have ever seen with an embedded lock and ornate key that can be locked and given to a spectator to hold or put into their pocket. Although I love the transparent boxes on the market, they provide a different type of an illusion - a transposition of two bills clearly shown before the commence of the effect. The illusion provided by this opaque masterpiece adds mystery and wonder as the contents of the box are not revealed until the conclusion of the effect. In my humble yet professional opinion, this makes all other offerings on the open market look like magic props/toys in comparison. This is classy enough to be reserved for the most formal and intimate of settings yet functional enough to be performed in any real world setting. There are a number of different products that achieve the same results but none quite like this one nor in the same class or league in terms of quality as far as I am concerned. This was clearly made by a passionate professional for professionals. A real pleasure to own and perform with and comes highly recommended.

This was an unbiased review as I am a professional performer and in no way affiliated with the creator.
Wenzelo
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of Wenzelo
Thanks for the review
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
I agree with Richard. This is the best box currently available.
Not cheap but will last a lifetime and items crafted out of fine wood are always classy and never go out of style.
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1771 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
I will make no comments or comparisons but purely for information, please look at The Destination Box.
Creator of iconic magic that you will want to perform.
The Silent Treatment, The Pain Game, Paragon 3D, Double Back, Destination Box and more.
Available at www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1271 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
Jon both are brilliant but they are completely different props.

*love your stuff, thanks!
Dannicus
View Profile
Special user
San Diego Ca.
618 Posts

Profile of Dannicus
Quote:
On Aug 9, 2015, rmendez wrote:
I just received this marvelous little wonder and wanted to share my enchantment and satisfaction with the rest of the magic community. These are lovingly and meticulously hand crafted in a variety of exotic woods and the finest materials available by a master craftsman and magician with many decades of experience. The diabolical method is unlike anything I have ever seen and will absolutely fool everyone. A card, dollar bill, or prediction appears three dimensional from all angles because it is. This is the only box I have ever seen with an embedded lock and ornate key that can be locked and given to a spectator to hold or put into their pocket. Although I love the transparent boxes on the market, they provide a different type of an illusion - a transposition of two bills clearly shown before the commence of the effect. The illusion provided by this opaque masterpiece adds mystery and wonder as the contents of the box are not revealed until the conclusion of the effect. In my humble yet professional opinion, this makes all other offerings on the open market look like magic props/toys in comparison. This is classy enough to be reserved for the most formal and intimate of settings yet functional enough to be performed in any real world setting. There are a number of different products that achieve the same results but none quite like this one nor in the same class or league in terms of quality as far as I am concerned. This was clearly made by a passionate professional for professionals. A real pleasure to own and perform with and comes highly recommended.

This was an unbiased review as I am a professional performer and in no way affiliated with the creator.

Wow Richard we are truly humbled! Thank you so much. I can honestly say that this is exactly what we were shooting for in making the Miracle Prediction Chest so we are glad you feel this way! If you ever get a chance to shoot some video performing with it, we'd sure like to see it.

As with most creators, I am sure, the ultimate payoff for the hard work that goes into creating an effect is not really about making money, its about having people like you use and appreciate it.

Again thank you so much for taking the time to write and share this review it makes it all worth it for my sons and I. Smile
Owner of Handcrafted Miracles, San Diego
www.handcraftedmiracles.com

See our items and like us on Facebook at
www.facebook.com/handcraftedmiracles
Dannicus
View Profile
Special user
San Diego Ca.
618 Posts

Profile of Dannicus
Quote:
On Aug 9, 2015, Jon Allen wrote:
I will make no comments or comparisons but purely for information, please look at The Destination Box.

I very much agree with Jon! I have the Destination Box and it is brilliant as well. I think using what best suits your style is an essential part of being a good performer, and should be part of how you decide what to use or purchase.

Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1997 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Love mine to ! Smile
Get yourself Stamper and MONU, the perfect walkaround packet tricks: https://youtu.be/rwtfeKFeLms & https://youtu.be/yz5yKlI-4w8

Make sure to check my English review Channel! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
Dannicus
View Profile
Special user
San Diego Ca.
618 Posts

Profile of Dannicus
Quote:
On Aug 9, 2015, Jon Allen wrote:

I just received Jon Allen's perfect score and it's brilliant. I highly reccomend looking into it whether you use the Miracle Prediction Chest, Jon's Destination Box, or anything else requiring a mercury or other card fold. A perfect card fold every time? I will say it again....BRILLIANT!

rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1253 Posts

Profile of rmendez
I watched the videos for Destination Box. They look like they were filmed with a bank or convenience store's surveillance camera from the 1990s. The creator should have filmed a studio quality demo if he wanted to effectively market this item. Also, from what I can see the box seems large for an intimate setting and requires carrying and working with 4 separate items. The outer box, the lock, the keys, and the inner box. It seems to be a platform effect trapped in a close-up setting to me. Lastly, it is just me or is the method painstakingly obvious? Miracle Prediction Chest better suits me. Just being objective.
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1554 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Dan's work is excellent. I have several of his products and every week at least 2 of them are in use! And he is right. You should use what suits you best. I am very much look forward to his next creation.

Preston
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1771 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
Quote:
On Aug 14, 2015, rmendez wrote:
I watched the videos for Destination Box. They look like they were filmed with a bank or convenience store's surveillance camera from the 1990s. The creator should have filmed a studio quality demo if he wanted to effectively market this item. Also, from what I can see the box seems large for an intimate setting and requires carrying and working with 4 separate items. The outer box, the lock, the keys, and the inner box. It seems to be a platform effect trapped in a close-up setting to me. Lastly, it is just me or is the method painstakingly obvious? Miracle Prediction Chest better suits me. Just being objective.

Hi Richard,

You are close. It was a hand held camera from the early 2000s, it was before style took precedence over substance. Its been effective enough to help sell over 300 of them though.

The box is larger than other Card to Boxes but not so large you need a trolley to wheel it around. I've been doing it in close up for over 15 years and my back is fine Smile

As for the separate items to carry, it's no more hassle than magicians carrying around 57 items to do card tricks: the card box, the cards, the sharpie and the lid! Smile

As has been said many times, different boxes suit different people, performers and performance environments. The Miracle Preciction Chest looks like a fine addition to the family and I wish it much success. Anything that adds to magicians' arsenal to help create magic in the eyes of the Audi cd is a good thing.

As for the trailer, thank you. You have given me the spur to create a new one. I have some reactions from a corporate event and so maybe it is time to update the trailer.

Oh, the method is not obvious to the thousands of people I have presented to over the years and the thousands yet to experience it.

Thanks again.
Creator of iconic magic that you will want to perform.
The Silent Treatment, The Pain Game, Paragon 3D, Double Back, Destination Box and more.
Available at www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
As an owner of the Destination Box - It is my favourite of all the mystery boxes.... as I can work in some story angles and such for the items in it - I replaced the empty vial with one full of salt - my predictions always have a tag line with the DB -> "If you are shocked - please take a pinch of salt!"

(Yep Jon, you can use that if you like it Smile)
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1253 Posts

Profile of rmendez
Jon,

I am looking forward to seeing an updated video so I can actually see what the box looks like. Also, I am waiting for the release of your Paragon 3D which looks far better suited for the types of environments that I perform in.
Dannicus
View Profile
Special user
San Diego Ca.
618 Posts

Profile of Dannicus
Personally I think there is room fo all kinds of styles of these types of things. As I said I am a fan of Jon's work and would recommend without hesitation looking at anything he releases. Although I've never met him it is apparent that he puts a lot of thought into everything he makes. I am giving a shout out to his Perfect Score in the instructional video for my upcoming release.

As a performer for nearly 30 years professionally I have come to realize that magic as an art is better served not through cutthroat competition but through mutual admiration and constructive assistance. Magic is a closed community and what elevates us all elevates the art as a whole. Jon as well as any creator worth their salt are about helping elevate the performance of magic first and foremost. No creator gets into magic to get rich. Yes we all have to make a living, but there are far easier ways to do it. Creating magic will always be a labor of love.

For my part, I sometimes buy magic even if I know the method and suspect it won't suit my style just to ensure that creators are encouraged to keep creating because without them, we become a stagnant lot.

Jon sincerely thanks for being a gentleman and I love your work. For those of you trying to decide, just go with whatever you feel will best suit your style. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Grasshop34
View Profile
Veteran user
Cincinnati, OH
308 Posts

Profile of Grasshop34
I'm considering investing in this chest. Do you all still use it and like it? It looks amazing! Thanks!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Review: Miracle Prediction Chest by Hand Crafted Miracles (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL