The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Spark by Maxence Vire (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1997 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Hi everyone,

This is a trick I've bought from a french shop and it seems to be only available from this shop right now. I've written a review so you can get an idea of what it is and what I think of it Smile

Spark - Maxence Vire

Product description : What if you could shoot fire from your hands ? Sounds like a superhero dream or something only rich people could afford ! Well, this is now possible with "Spark", an ingenious device which will allow you to shoot fireballs from your hands. So is it as good as it seems ? Let's find out !

Price and where to buy it : This is sold at 39€ (between $40 and $45) and you can only get it from Arteco website : www.magicalement.fr.

What you get : You get a big plastic DVD case but without a DVD, which is kind of strange. Inside the box, you get the main gimmick along with 2 loaders (we will call them like that). Each loader can only take 1 charge at a time and putting the loader on the gimmick may take you between 5 and 10 seconds. You also get an online video which teach you how to use it and what you can put inside. For around $45, I don't feel ripped off, I do like what's provided and the fact they included 2 loaders allow you to have a spare one in case the first breaks.

Teaser : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRu7rkvUckU

The pros and the cons : Here is the core of my review, let's begin with the cons, as I will usually be doing, I prefer to keep the good things for the end.

THE CONS :
You will need to wear a jacket or something with long sleeves in order to use Spark, this is the only way to show your hands empty at the end. (or you have a topit but this includes wearing a jacket)
You can only do one shot at the time and wether you choose to reload the loader or putting the other one on the gimmick, it will take you 10 seconds but you can't do it in front of everybody.

THE PROS :
This is a creative use of a prop which is quite common among laymans and I never thought about using it this way ! Kudos to Maxence.
The technology used here is very very simple compared to other products which have been released (including remote controlled stuff or cool looking gadgets) but it makes the whole thing work very well without the fear of anything expensive breaking.
You can choose what load you will put so the effect will be different, from the fireball to the flash, it's up to you.
You will have to buy and experiment with flash cotton adn flash paper.
It's cheap when you consider what you are supplied with. The main product I can think of doing the same thing is "Pyro" produced by Ellusionist and the cost is 4 times more expensive than Spark and from what I've heard, it doesn't work.

Overall rating : It's a neat little device which doesn't cost that much considering the only "opponent" he has and his price. The limitations of the jacket makes it hard to perform for me because I don't often wear a jacket. But I can see the potential of this, just control your environnement, you don't want somebody shot in the face with fire, 3/4 hearts.

As for the difficulty level, it's a matter of pressing a button, 1/5 stars.

Similar products : If you like this plot, you may want to check Pyro but from what I've heard, it doesn't work and it's unreliable ! Spark never failed me so it's up to you.

If you liked this review, make sure to check other ones on my website, link in my signature
Get yourself Stamper and MONU, the perfect walkaround packet tricks: https://youtu.be/rwtfeKFeLms & https://youtu.be/yz5yKlI-4w8

Make sure to check my English review Channel! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Spark by Maxence Vire (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL