The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Telestar (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

papawemba
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of papawemba
Hello Tenyo aficionado Smile

I just bought Telestar and I like it !
I love the vintage look of the prop, great for children to remind them how telephone was dialed before Smile
The secret is very ingenious and I doubt someone could find this out…
But I think it is not very easy to do while it is written “This trick does not require practice” on the box lol
I have a hard time finding “the gimmick” etc… Those who have this, I wonder how you present/do the trick ?
Do you memorize the name list ?
Overall, I think it is best to do this for children and have some fun, taking time to do the trick and create some mystery.

Nicolas
xl18
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of xl18
I also like this trick but I think I am the only one besides you. Smile
I also do this mostly for kids. I changed the stars to kids in my son's class. When he has a friend over I just ask them to dial another kid in the class using the list.
It does take a little practice to find the gimmick quickly but is not too hard. I try to find it as it is being handed to me so I can put it directly to my ear and talk to the person called. Staring at the dial looking for the gimmick definitely ruins the trick.Smile
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of papawemba
Thanks xl18 ! Yes I agree with "Staring at the dial looking for the gimmick definitely ruins the trick" :-/
But I don't think I could find the thing that quickly :-( Practice I suppose but my vision is not the best...
So you memorize the list also ? lots of thing going on at the same time lol
xl18
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of xl18
Yes I memorize the list. I pick names that would be easy to remember based on their selection. I have time to think while the phone is dialing. Smile
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of papawemba
"I have time to think while the phone is dialing", yes I like that in presentation Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Telestar (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL