The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » What's the effect where....? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bill Wood
View Profile
New user
Nova Scotia
98 Posts

Profile of Bill Wood
Hi,

I'm trying to do research on the effect where a silk is held by the four corners and then magically coins 'fall from heaven' and clink (after the first coin of course) into the silk. Does anyone know the common name for this effect.

I have Tarbell 1-7 and Roth's modern coin magic and can't find it in those fine volumes.

I do plan on getting this DVD but more information would be appreciated.

https://youtu.be/Nv-drFmHj20
Bill Wood
View Profile
New user
Nova Scotia
98 Posts

Profile of Bill Wood
Also if I've screwed up 'effect' vs 'affect' please don't pillory me.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4674 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
I think that's the Chanin Coin Production. Roth does it on volume one of the NYCMS dvd series (Coins Across)
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
David Roth also performs Edward Victor's Coins to Cup along with Jack Chanin's Coin Production - I believe on his 3 Volume DVD set "David Roth's Expert Coin Magic... Made Easy". The two go well together!

Jim
Bill Wood
View Profile
New user
Nova Scotia
98 Posts

Profile of Bill Wood
Amazing thanks gents.
David Fillary
View Profile
Special user
662 Posts

Profile of David Fillary
That really doesn't sound like Chanin's coin production. In Chanin's the coins are pushed out of the folds one at a time - no noise.

The one you are referring to is definitely in Roth's ultimate collection in the volume on coin box and silk coin magic. Lots of silk and coin productions in there and a great dvd.

I think I've also seen Tom Stone use it and it may be in one of his teaching DVDs.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
David, On his DVD David Roth performs Chanin's Coin Production and Edward Victor's Coins to Cup together. Starts as you say and then continues with the Coins to Cup.

Jim
Lawrens Godon
View Profile
Inner circle
France
1108 Posts

Profile of Lawrens Godon
It seems to me that you're talking about Silk and Silver routine.

I'm not home atm so I can't check the reference, but I'm positive you'll find it and some variations in one of the Vernon's book.
martysh
View Profile
Special user
Greenville,SC
526 Posts

Profile of martysh
I have been doing this trick you described faithfully for more than 25 years... I don't know the name of it .. but I learned it from DAi Vernon's revelations.. as performed by Bruce Cervon... Also an elaboration of it is done by Curtis kam in one of his earliest videos.. Im not sure it is in Palms of steel.. mine is still in vcr format...

If you want contact me by private message and I will walk you through the parts and teach it to you...

in short

three coins are thrown into left hand that has silk draped over it ..you turn hand down and corners drop .. you garab the corners to and raise them up to make a bag... you hear the coins as you shake the bagand then you drop two corners of the silk and hold it top corners and the coins are gone.
you revolve the silk a bit corner by corner
then you get all four corners and start producing the coins one by one.. the first is seen as the coin drops eerily to the bag portion .. the second coin the same but with a clink and the third as well but the third you do the misers dream thing throw the coin up in the air seemingly and the audience sees it and hears it land in the bag...

I have special take on it .... I hold out.. because at this point and here is the hint I go into three fly ..then full misers dream with a restaurant can

let me tell you in confidence... that this is such a beautiful piece .. it never fails when the coins "appear" inside the silk one by one... I think that it is not so much respected or used ... maybe it is too old... I did at first because of Dai Vernon then I came to love it over the years..
I have never seen anyone besides Curtis try this.

again if you want my help in this all you have to do is ask

Marty
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » What's the effect where....? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL