The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » AGT Finale (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
TommyJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Foxboro, MA
1750 Posts

Profile of TommyJ
Quote:
On Sep 23, 2015, Al Desmond wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 23, 2015, TommyJ wrote:
I watched about 20 minutes. Boring. I hate magic with confederates and camera editing. Bring the old magic back, the old specials like Copperfield and Doug Henning. that's magic.

Copperfield used video time edits.

Not camera tricks, not confederates but editing nonetheless. Some of those Copperfield effects could not have been performed in front of a live audience in one continuous segment. That's magic.

Yes, SOME of the tricks, such as the torn and restored baseball card. Stuff that was projected from video onto the screen during his show that he wasn't doing live, yes, some of that stuff. But for the most part, the illusions that he was doing live on stage in front of the audience,it's exactly what the televisioon audience was seeing at the same time.
"Keep the Kids Laughing!"
https://www.tommyjamesmagic.com/store
Steve Suss
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Steve Suss
Quote:
On Sep 23, 2015, Al Desmond wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 23, 2015, TommyJ wrote:
I watched about 20 minutes. Boring. I hate magic with confederates and camera editing. Bring the old magic back, the old specials like Copperfield and Doug Henning. that's magic.

Copperfield used video time edits.

Not camera tricks, not confederates but editing nonetheless. Some of those Copperfield effects could not have been performed in front of a live audience in one continuous segment. That's magic.

Do you mean he didn't really make the Statue of Liberty disappear! I'm disappointed.
TCB
View Profile
Loyal user
I am so happy to be promoted because of my
210 Posts

Profile of TCB
I have to agree about Mat Franco's show being terrible. I was insulted by all the edits, S----es, and cut- aways
There Is No Revolution Without Evolution
here2009
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of here2009
Oz should have won. Nuff said.
E.E.
View Profile
Inner circle
Look mom, I have
1534 Posts

Profile of E.E.
Quote:
On Sep 30, 2015, here2009 wrote:
Oz should have won. Nuff said.

I'm a big conspirational theorist and I think producers decided who would win ahead of time Smile
Professional mentalist and digital artist for mystery performers. check out my work at www.facebook.com/EverElizaldeArtStudio
TCB
View Profile
Loyal user
I am so happy to be promoted because of my
210 Posts

Profile of TCB
I agree with E.E. HA! Is derek Hughes retarded? He gets the biggest stage he will ever have on National TV, and he does professors nightmare, a dumb rope trick that beginners can do.If had no material, he should have called Daniel Garcia or somebody, and said look I'm desparate,. I'm on the finals of AGT, national audience, and I got Bupkis.
There Is No Revolution Without Evolution
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Sep 30, 2015, TCB wrote:
I have to agree about Mat Franco's show being terrible. I was insulted by all the edits, S----es, and cut- aways

I don't think Matt was terrible but I do think that Oz really raised the performance quality bar massively.

To my mind Oz deserved the win - his polish and routines were superb.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
r1ch-oxford
View Profile
Regular user
Oxford, England
182 Posts

Profile of r1ch-oxford
You can hear Piff talk about his experience on AGT (and the rest of his career) on this weeks episode of The Magicians' Podcast at this link:

http://magicianspodcast.podbean.com

I hope you enjoy it!

Richard Young
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » AGT Finale (12 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL