The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Dark Waltz Returns for a limited edition (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
If you know Michael J. Fraughton's seminal work, The Dark Waltz, this is extremely good news. If not, this is your chance to jump on board. I recently learned that a very special limited edition of Michael's book is in preparation and is soon to be released.

This is an extremely limited run of fifty numbered and signed editions - Elegant black on black embossed hard bound with red head and tail and red placeholder ribbon. A special twentieth anniversary edition with linguistic editing to reflect older British Academic voice, new and re-imagined art and some special guest contributions will make this a most special must-have book. (I am told that eleven have already sold in the last seven days since pre-sale opened.)

Release date is Dia de Muertos 2015 (Nov 1, 2015)

The price: 66.6 GBP

pre orders are available now at these links-
www.BizarreMagic.com
www.Osymandias.uk

This is the Table of Contents for the original edition (I do not have information for what new material is to be added to this list):
page/title
1.Defining The Magician
3.My approach to, and Philosophy of, the Creative Process
9.Clouds At Night
14.Ritual
17.The Home Of Talus Thraven
20.The Strange Thing About Magicians
24.The Phantom Violinist
29.Latex Hounds Of Hell
32.The Spook Show
35.The Light Seance
40.A New Rapping Hand
43.Magic That Matters
47.The Dorian Hand Of Glory
54.Character
58.The Liquid Lense
62.Door Of Flame
67.To Control Ten Thousand Minds
72.What Should Have Been Written By T. A. LeVar
76.Setting The Stage
78.Red Jack
86.The Summoning Of The Beast
97.The Sacred Order Of The Seventh Circle
103.The Tears Of Dr. Faustus
106.Fear-Mark Edward's Contribution
111.Conclusion?

Very Highly Recommended.

BC
Phasmologist
minty
View Profile
Elite user
Rugby, Warwickshire
423 Posts

Profile of minty
Thank you for the heads up, Prof.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
I have already ordered I and WOW, this is gong to be a really nice looking book. After all these years I only had the old PDF and I am now excited about this brand new updated hard cover book....

This was my first book that I got on bizarre and seances.... This is a must have...

Ray
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
The rapping hand is an incredibly creative take on a classic effect

Congratulations Michael on this marvelous re-release

Kotah
Paul Draper
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas, Nevada
245 Posts

Profile of Paul Draper
This is wonderful news. I am excited for my copy!

I hear that over half are already sold.
Jiggery-Pokery
View Profile
New user
Scotland
55 Posts

Profile of Jiggery-Pokery
I am incredibly pleased to share a very special edition of Michael Fraughton's Dark Waltz. As producer and co developer of the original Visions of Midnight which featured much of the material in the original book I have produced this special edition as a twentieth anniversary celebration.

Michael and I have been working hard from opposite sides of the Atlantic to bring this forward to you and together with some very special friends who have contributed new chapters we want to say thank you for all the years of magic we have created together !

The Dark Waltz ~ Arcane Version
An elegant 20th anniversary edition of the Dark Waltz by Michael J Fraughton completely reimagined in the form of mid 1800’s British Academic English, updated art and sepia plate photos, new bonus contributions and more.

Over thirty chapters of essential bizarre magic and thoughts with details and scripts, as well as explanations on creating powerful effects.

Over twenty complete effects, scripts and narratives, to fuel your imagination including the Crystal Spirit Bell, Summoning of the Beast and How to Control 10,000 Minds.
It contains assistance, contributions, and ideas from Jeff McBride, Christian Chelman, Mark Edward, Tobias Beckwith, Eugene Burger, Jennifer duQuesnay, Erick Machamer, Dino Aragona and more.

Special additional Arcane Version guests have contributed chapters with their own thoughts and effects including Jennifer duQuesnay, Erick Machamer, Paul Draper and Professor BC.

Hardbound black on black with heavy silk pages and red placeholder ribbon – a lovely physical book to match the timeless contents it contains.
Limited to fifty numbered and signed copies.

Pre sales are ongoing
Book release Dia de Muertos ( November 1, 2015)
Shipping from scotland to most places.
£66.6
www.BizarreMagic.com
www.Osymandias.uk
Invovo legem magicarum
fraughton
View Profile
Veteran user
of books
327 Posts

Profile of fraughton
The thing that really has me excited about this is that I finally get to read this book in the form for which I wrote it.

As I wrote, I had not envisioned a pdf, or the soft paper edition. In my mind it was always the tome that would look and feel at home among my props. This is going to be exquisite.
Beware of this and that.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Dark Waltz Returns for a limited edition (7 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL