The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » 3 Coins Across (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Moyashi
View Profile
New user
Japon
6 Posts

Profile of Moyashi
Hello.
I am coin magic lover living in japan.
Today, I would like to share my some idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHm5Yif2l40

Maybe some new techniques......

This routine is based on Kainoa Harbottle's "Punctuated Equilibrium Coins Across" from Coins on edge.
And,the click pass is my favorite technique. I think it is similar to Dr. Michael Rubinstein's Three beat click pass from Apocalypse. (But,slightly different from that)
Sound Subtlety is inspired by Eric Jones's"Speed Fly".

Hope Enjoy.

P.S.
Moyashi=Bean Sprout in Japanese.
I love Moyashi. It is very cool food.
And,Fortunately my name is similar to Moyashi!!!
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Nice work sir
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Welcome to the Café, Moyashi… Smile

Good job there! You have very good command of the moves. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
Dang, you got me on that, very nice work.
Kaneda
View Profile
New user
Keithville, LA
81 Posts

Profile of Kaneda
I really enjoyed watching that great work
TC Ryder
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
494 Posts

Profile of TC Ryder
Very nice work.
I especially liked the coin roll/reverse coin roll. Keep sharing those videos with us.

TC
www.realcoinmagic.com

"Real Coins for Real Magicians"
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Very nice! Smooth. Thanks for posting it!

Jim
terryisaacs
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of terryisaacs
Wow, more inspiration to practice for me. Great job!
"What we do in life echoes in eternity"
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Very good job sir.
Todd
Dafedas B
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of Dafedas B
Excellent. Love it.
SmileAndNod
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of SmileAndNod
So I realized what I don't like about the first coin. It seems odd to place 2 coins in a hand in the same way, and then change it up for the third coin. It seems to be pointing to when the move happens. Try this. Place the first coin at the left fingertips and hold it there for a second (your gaze should lead the spectators to focus on that coin) and then drop it into the palm. The second coin is tossed in the air to land (with a clank) on top of the first coin. (After it hits your gaze shifts to the audience). Then your gaze shifts to the last coin in your right hand, then back to the audience as you do the move for the third coin. Your gaze settles on your left hand as the right hand produces the first coin, and your gaze shifts to your right hand. I think it is more effective of hiding when the move happens.
Asaka
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of Asaka
Nice and smooth
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On Oct 24, 2015, SmileAndNod wrote:
So I realized what I don't like about the first coin. It seems odd to place 2 coins in a hand in the same way, and then change it up for the third coin. It seems to be pointing to when the move happens. Try this. Place the first coin at the left fingertips and hold it there for a second (your gaze should lead the spectators to focus on that coin) and then drop it into the palm. The second coin is tossed in the air to land (with a clank) on top of the first coin. (After it hits your gaze shifts to the audience). Then your gaze shifts to the last coin in your right hand, then back to the audience as you do the move for the third coin. Your gaze settles on your left hand as the right hand produces the first coin, and your gaze shifts to your right hand. I think it is more effective of hiding when the move happens.

Think 'Nod makes some good points here... though I still like the overall effort well enough. It's important to clearly show the coins going across as when the hands touch too much, it can arise some suspicion or cause for errant thought. Also, what you as the magician do to lead the spec's attention, is also very important. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
magojose|
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of magojose|
Well done, nice routine
Richie Larson
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
92 Posts

Profile of Richie Larson
I dig it brother!

-Richie TwoTime
Jiceh
View Profile
Special user
France
742 Posts

Profile of Jiceh
Great!
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Very nice...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
obrienmagic
View Profile
Special user
753 Posts

Profile of obrienmagic
Gorgeous!!! I love how slow and fair it is, then the backfire at the end!
Visit my online store at http://www.obrienmagic.com/magic-shop Smile
ddamen
View Profile
Regular user
Bay Area
140 Posts

Profile of ddamen
Beautiful work
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Very good and smooth.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » 3 Coins Across (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL