The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Unbound : Gimmickless Invisible Deck by Darryl Davis (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
Robvs
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Robvs
Quote:
On Nov 28, 2015, Fin wrote:
"Clearly we're dealing with a well read, experienced card man here. In all seriousness though, sir..

This is the way you speak to people? There's a way to have a conversation without sounding too pompous to properly comprehend a post. I'd clarify but it's probably better to just let it marinade (No, I didn't just compare Daryl to terriyaki sauce).
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1390 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
Quote:
On Nov 29, 2015, PepeRuizSJ wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 9, 2015, Acecardician wrote:
What is the difference between this and Singularity by Alvo Stockman?

I'd say that the most important difference between singularity and this one is that the bulk of the dirty work happens much earlier in the trick, and I actually think that the angles on this one are much better. The methods are completely different. Also, another thing to keep in mind is that this trick needs to either be a closer/stand-alone trick, or it must be followed by a Triumph efect. The reason is that you end up a bit dirty at the end, and the Triumph effect helps with the clean up. Also, you can display the deck when you're finished and give the appearance of the deck being completely clean and (to their minds) examinable, you just can't do another trick if you don't clean up with this triumph effect as of now.

Thanks for info!

ACE Smile
johnnyimpossible
View Profile
Loyal user
Omaha, Ne
244 Posts

Profile of johnnyimpossible
This effect requires a lot of practice, but a good investment.
johnnyimpossible
View Profile
Loyal user
Omaha, Ne
244 Posts

Profile of johnnyimpossible
First, I want to mention that you won't always have an ID every single time an opportunity comes your way. I have on several occasions met potential clients and not necessarily having my Arsenal on my person....And if you do, goody for you Mr Fannie pack. A true pro doesn't need to carry around a bunch of gaffed decks and props. As most people have a deck of cards or coins etc... Then this brings impromptu effects like Darryl's into play. I own it. It is awesome and practically as effective as the gaffed version. Presentation is key. We all know any better bumble can make a great trick look bad and any pro can make something simple look amazing. I will say that most won't put in the several hours of practice to be able to be as effective with this as the original ID effect. This is good for pros like myself as I won't have to worry about others in my market performing it. Plus, with the internet exposing things, I'm likely to run into some snot nosed kid wanting to see the cards afterwards.... But of course you can examine them! I love all you novice haters 🎩
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1695 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
After gotten this for a few month and trying out on countless people , I'm loving it . My impression for this changed dramatically over time . I don't use to carry an ID around back then as I thought it was too " common " , right now I will be able to perform the exact same effect without a gimmick . I knew some said this is just a " replica " of ID but more expensive , I've other views , though an ID is better than this ( so much more cleaner ) , there's too many people out there who already knew ID . I remembered two of my spectator which I pick up on the streets mentioned somethings about sticky card and even ID . I would suggest practicing this well first before performing . The move required is quite tricky but when done well , I think most will love it .
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Unbound : Gimmickless Invisible Deck by Darryl Davis (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL