The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ABACUS by Rus Andrews (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I have this, and frankly, I'm disappointed. First, you have to carry six different playing cards in your wallet. Second, the method isn't always going to work. Third, the method isn't nearly as strong as many other methods out there. Fourth, the price is high.
KJ
davidmag
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of davidmag
Quote:
On Mar 18, 2016, 1KJ wrote:
I have this, and frankly, I'm disappointed. First, you have to carry six different playing cards in your wallet. Second, the method isn't always going to work. Third, the method isn't nearly as strong as many other methods out there. Fourth, the price is high.
KJ

Well, you just didn't get it... Price,yes is a little bit high, but the method is very strong and if you are a working magician it will always going to work. To me it's a gem.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Actually, I think KJ hit it pretty dead on. There is absolutely nothing new here, certainly nothing to warrant the price. And I agree there are much better ways to accomplish the effect.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On Mar 18, 2016, davidmag wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 18, 2016, 1KJ wrote:
KJ

Well, you just didn't get it... Price,yes is a little bit high, but the method is very strong and if you are a working magician it will always going to work. To me it's a gem.

David,

You shouldn't criticize someone for their opinion. State your own opinion, but don't attack someone with "you didn't get it". But, since you are bringing it on, I'll elaborate:

1. You have to carry six cards in your wallet. Not a great worker. If you could do an effect equally strong or even stronger that doesn't require you to stuff your wallet with cards, wouldn't that be a better worker? Yeah.

2. The method doesn't always work. I have performed this using his EXACT patter and had people think of a number they shouldn't have. Common examples are they don't think of 15 or 51, but they think of 12, 13, 14, 16. 17, 18, or 19. DOESN'T ALWAYS WORK.

3. The method is a bit awkward. There are much stronger methods than for a participant to place their hands behind their back and use their fingers to come up with a number. There are much stronger routines that don't require thinking of a number using any of their fingers... or toes.

4. I'm glad you agree with me that the price is high.

Have a good one. I'm going to go back to enjoying March Madness.

KJ
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Your post is borderline exposure, but the method does always work. I don't see how a spectator can come up with some of the numbers you mentioned above if performed correctly.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I got carried away.. They sometimes think of 12, 13 or 14. Most humans don't think of 16, 17, 18 or 19.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On Mar 19, 2016, TuneHV wrote:
Your post is borderline exposure, but the method does always work. I don't see how a spectator can come up with some of the numbers you mentioned above if performed correctly.

Thank you for qualifying it as "borderline". I don't think it is exposure for magicians to understand the limitations of an effect. If you have to stuff your wallet with cards, that is important. I also don't think it is exposure to describe situations where it might not work.
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Quote:
On Mar 19, 2016, 1KJ wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 19, 2016, TuneHV wrote:

I also don't think it is exposure to describe situations where it might not work.

Except there are no situations where it might not work if you follow the script correctly...
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ABACUS by Rus Andrews (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL