The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Dabingo by Kaleb Morgan (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1779 Posts

Profile of Ross W
Quote:
On Nov 3, 2015, T.G. Jones wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 2, 2015, Ross W wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 1, 2015, T.G. Jones wrote:
No, I meant what I said.

When you start looking at things from the audience perspective, rather than your own, you'll stop performing tricks and start creating magic. That advice is priceless, believe me. I sold magic to many of the the big names before they became famous. They all adopted this attitude, it separated them from the rest of the pack and gave them the success they craved.

T.G. Jones: Gee, thanks for the advice, TG. Much appreciated!

Kaleb: how old are you, pal? 13ish? It's a great age. My kids are your age. No one here wants to come down on you really hard, but you're asking people to hand over money for tricks that are not really more than cute ideas. They belong in the pages of magic magazines, or sharing with your magic buddies. For free. You're not a mature performer yet, but that's OK. I daresay many hobbyists on this forum perform in a similar manner. Keep learning, keep experimenting, keep sharing but until you can perform your own trick flawlessly don't even think about trying to sell it. (Oh, and tell your buddy to hold the phone horizontally while filming.) Good luck.

Acar from Penguin: WTF?!

Highly patronising. What are your credentials to be giving advice here Ross W?

Patronising? Oh well, if you say so. But now you want to get into a p*ssing contest over my "credentials" for giving advice? Sorry, TG, not playing.
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
Kalebmagic
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of Kalebmagic
They took my effect down.
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I will have this many posts when you read this:
931 Posts

Profile of TheDirectionalist
I honestly don't think the effect should have been taken down. It could have been put up without a demo. It seems original, fun, and quick. Some people jump to be so negative on here, but don't let that bring you down Kaleb.

Use what happened to learn from it, strive to improve.
Creator of the UBT: Underground Bottom Tear

Kalebmagic
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of Kalebmagic
Quote:
On Nov 3, 2015, TheDirectionalist wrote:
I honestly don't think the effect should have been taken down. It could have been put up without a demo. It seems original, fun, and quick. Some people jump to be so negative on here, but don't let that bring you down Kaleb.

Thanks for the encouraugement. I'm going to show all these people what I got under my belt. It's going to be huge, I just need somewhere to put it.
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
I think it's a shame they took it down. I've seen far worse effects on Penguin. No one is forcing you to buy it. It takes a lot of courage to put your work out there, especially for someone his age. I do think he got some valuable feedback, but it seems a bit harsh to remove it.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
Kalebmagic
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of Kalebmagic
Quote:
On Nov 3, 2015, TuneHV wrote:
I think it's a shame they took it down. I've seen far worse effects on Penguin. No one is forcing you to buy it. It takes a lot of courage to put your work out there, especially for someone his age. I do think he got some valuable feedback, but it seems a bit harsh to remove it.

Especially because it was only based on a few people in this forum.
T.G. Jones
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of T.G. Jones
Mob rule wins again. Hope all you whingers and moaners feel proud of yourselves. Picking on a teenager. Smile
Joe Roberts
View Profile
Special user
863 Posts

Profile of Joe Roberts
Quote:
On Nov 3, 2015, Kalebmagic wrote:
Quote:

Thanks for the encouraugement. I'm going to show all these people what I got under my belt. It's going to be huge, I just need somewhere to put it.

Get your name out there by getting your effects published in one of the big magazines. If they won't publish one of your effects, you can be pretty sure it's not very good. If they do, then you're building an audience.
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1355 Posts

Profile of Stucky
Quote:

Phrasing.
Official Thread Killer
T.G. Jones
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of T.G. Jones
Quote:
On Nov 4, 2015, Stucky wrote:
Quote:

Phrasing.

:lol:
Merlin
View Profile
Veteran user
Palmerton, Pa
362 Posts

Profile of Merlin
Quote:
Quote:

I just spit my soda out all over my keyboard. Best post on this whole subject.
Merlin
View Profile
Veteran user
Palmerton, Pa
362 Posts

Profile of Merlin
Quote:
They took my effect down.

Don't give up Kaleb. Those that have been around awhile might remember a young magician, his name was Michael, can't remember his last name. He too took his knocks from the café members, mostly because he needed to slow his performance/patter down. But he eventually became quite good.

Phil
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On Nov 4, 2015, T.G. Jones wrote:
Mob rule wins again. Hope all you whingers and moaners feel proud of yourselves. Picking on a teenager. Smile

Yet you're the only one patronising him and treating him like a child. He's a teenager selling an effect to adults and he carried himself like an adult which is commendable.

I suspect that you don't actually care about the kid one bit. This is just the latest little drama that you managed to Insert yourself into. ***ing maybe, but that's how you come across to me. Always trying to be annoyed with someone about something. Life's way too short for drama but I didn't like the way you mischaracterised many of the posts on here, including mine. And if you throw out insults, you've got to expect to catch some back. It's the way of the world. 😀
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Dabingo by Kaleb Morgan (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL