The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Moving Skeleton for sale, 1717 (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Perkins
View Profile
Special user
950 Posts

Profile of Perkins

I was tempted to post this in LMAMD, but the brothers and sisters of Spooky must know about Moving Skeleton. MøVING SKELE†øN is a marquee artifact. It would be the cornerstone of any macabre collection and a true reputation-maker. This remarkable, limited edition piece would certainly enhance any bizarre performance.

I want to make it clear that I am in no way connected with the creator of MøVING SKELE†øN and I will receive no remuneration or considerations upon it’s sale. I am simply a fan of his work and I am impressed with his thinking. I have been fortunate enough to receive some of the details of this 18th century replica of The Black Death, from the creator, and I am very pleased to pass along his message:

“If any person is willing to purchase the Moving Skeleton, which of late has given to Universal a Satisfaction to those that have seen it, and (by publicly exposing) will certainly bring in the purchaser a handsome maintenance…”

No batteries.
No pesky c@i£s.
No finicky t*e s******s.

I’ll include a few words of explanation, straight from the architect himself.

NOTE: I have taken the liberty of editing a key element of this effect, for fear of exposure.

• First, In less than a minute after the case is unlocked, (in which the Skeleton stands) the Door is thrown open by an Inv*s*ble Spr*ng.
  • 2. The Curtain, which hangs before it, gently draws up out of sight, which presents to your view a Human Skeleton, with an Hourglass in on hand and a Dart in the other.
  • 3. He first raises the hand with the hourglass, which has a few sands to run, and when those are spent.
  • 4. He raises the other hand with the Dart, and makes Three Offers with it, as if striking at a person.
  • 5. He then opens his mouth and groans 3 times most surprising.
  • 6. He then again, with his jaw, strikes the Hour past on a Bell.
  • 7. He lets down his hand with the hourglass.
  • 8. He lets down his hand with the dart.
  • 9. A pipe of tobacco being put in his moth, he lights it himself.
  • 10. He blows the candle out, and smokes his pipe as naturally as any living person can do, ‘till being gently moved with a stick: upon which.
  • 11. He immediately opens his jaw for the pipe to be taken from him.
  • 12. The curtain then falls down in it’s place, and all is over.

MøVING SKELE†øN will NOT be available for pre-order.
No PayPal button.
Inquires for MøVING SKELE†øN can be made in person ONLY (see below).

I envy the lucky bizarrist who adds this fabled effect to their repertoire.

Bizarre Regards,
Perkins

“N.B. Those who are willing to treat with the author of this piece of mechanism may hear of him at Poole’s Coffee House without Bishops Gate.”
The Séance Party
http://www.theseanceparty.com
lin
View Profile
Special user
California
877 Posts

Profile of lin
That is FANTASTIC!

Love it. Love it. Love it.
gostone23
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of gostone23
Great find Perkins!
fredr500
View Profile
Loyal user
Cary, NC
287 Posts

Profile of fredr500
Bu, but, how can there NOT be a paypal button? How much is shipping to the US? Why do I have to buy in person? I want this and I want it now.

Oh, and once you give me a price I'll try to talk it down and demand free shipping.

I can't wait to post a video of this on YouTube. Can you ship it Fedex next day?
--------------------------------
Check out Funeral Sampler and over 200 reviews http://rosemagic.com
Author of The Sweet Psychic, http://thesweetpsychic.com
ECSS I, II, III IV, and V alumnus
PEA Member, IBM and SAM Life Member
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Ah, to give 'Universal Satisfaction'! It is a consummation devoutly to be wished.

BC
Phasmologist
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Moving Skeleton for sale, 1717 (12 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL