The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Casket of Pandora (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Dave, Me neither. All these guys today, want thing to work the way they want, and not as advertised. What a crazy world the Internet has devised. I wonder if when they go to buy a car, they want it totally redesigned with everything they want it to do.

The Niffen Tube is really made for liquid, but they are not made any longer. I did find one several years ago on a website in Europe.
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
2004 Posts

Profile of tbaer
Quote:
On Dec 30, 2019, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Dave, Me neither. All these guys today, want thing to work the way they want, and not as advertised. What a crazy world the Internet has devised. I wonder if when they go to buy a car, they want it totally redesigned with everything they want it to do.

I have to disagree. If you can use a prop for something else other than what it's designed to do, why not if it works well and the audience likes it. I don't see any problem with that. Sometimes you have to think outside the box.

I wanted to see if slush powder works with the tube because of the way the inside is tapered. It's not like a cup where the slush powder is more spread out at the bottom. Inside the tube the slush powder only sets in the tip of the taper which doesn't have much spread. But it definitely does work.

Will I ever use a slush powder effect with the tube? Probably not, but at least I know it will work if some effect comes out down the road that will seem logical to use the tube.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Quote:
I have to disagree. If you can use a prop for something else other than what it's designed to do, why not if it works well and the audience likes it. I don't see any problem with that. Sometimes you have to think outside the box.
I don't want to speak for Bill but I think what he's trying to say is in this case, the Casket is designed to exchange silks, doves etc and not specifically for liquid. There are products out there to accomplish that. There's nothing wrong with thinking outside the box if another reasonable solution isn't available. If there is something available that more closely fits the bill, why not use it?
Where the magic begins
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
2004 Posts

Profile of tbaer
That I agree with.
Ted Danger
View Profile
Regular user
San Francisco/Utila
106 Posts

Profile of Ted Danger
I ended up uaing pringles, but alway looking for improvements...

This Sales guy made me laugh https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZeurLKvPRk&feature=emb_logo He's somewhere between Ballintine and Piff...
"One may say the eternal mystery of the world is its comprehensibility." Albert E.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
I wouldn't call him a sales guy. That's Greg Bordner, owner of Abbott's Manufacturing. I'm not sure why you would laugh. He's not what you'd call smooth but it's the exact way the casket is supposed to be performed. It's a demo not a sales pitch.
Where the magic begins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Casket of Pandora (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL