The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Flex5 by Craig Fillicetti and Michael Swenson (14 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Aljaz Son
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of Aljaz Son
There is an issue being raised by a certain proffesional show hypnostist (who I would rather not name). It's the inclusion of information and education about the safety and dangers when using "street" or "show hypnosis".

Does that sound to anyone, like an issue that needs to be addressed OR is this guy making a big fuss?

Thanks for your answer.
Aljaž
craig filicetti
View Profile
V.I.P.
Arizona
550 Posts

Profile of craig filicetti
@Aljaz Son PMed you.
ProMystic - Professional Systems For Mentalists
<BR>www.promystic.com
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Nov 30, 2015, Aljaz Son wrote:
There is an issue being raised by a certain proffesional show hypnostist (who I would rather not name). It's the inclusion of information and education about the safety and dangers when using "street" or "show hypnosis".

Does that sound to anyone, like an issue that needs to be addressed OR is this guy making a big fuss?

Thanks for your answer.
Aljaž

That certain "person" who you would rather not name seems to want to act as a bully towards many other mentalists who don't necessarily subscribe to his views.

If this person has an issue then maybe this person should come out of the woodwork - or even better, mind their business as it may not be "safety" they are after, but rather bullying others & putting themselves on a pedestal which is made of nothing but decaying wood...

Maybe this person is jealous? Maybe this "person" is just acting as a bully.

Many experts claim to know everything and anyone who doesn't do things "their way" is somehow doing it wrong. I ain't buying it.

Craig & Michael have released something that probably has great value for many.

Many pros know Craig's character, integrity and releases to be of the highest quality.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Aljaz Son
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of Aljaz Son
I didn't mention the persons name as I do not wish to get personally involved in any of this and am not taking any sides.

I do think however, that if there are real dangers of hypnosis application in performance art, they should be addresses. At least with a disclaimer of some sorts.
You don't want any possibillites of lawsuits or worse do you?
Big companies learned the hard way that they need to put warning labels on almost any product they produce. Why would a hypnosis DVD be any different?

I just hope that anyone practising these techniques does it responsibly and the ones who are teaching have a clear conscience, take care of safety instructions and teach EVERYTHING needed to practice this safely.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
You are getting involved and who are you please and what is your detailed background in hypnosis?

The Flex5 release includes disclaimers. Do you own it? Have you seen it?

McDonald's put a warning on a hot cup of coffee. Now I feel safer Smile

There are no sides to take other than the fact that a hypnotist hack who has a long undistinguished history of bullying other performers - and modestly (and hilariously) calls himself the "King of Hypnotists" is back to his old shameful games.

Craig Filicetti is the wrong guy to cast stones at IMO. Dumb.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Any other flex 5 reviews?
Does it work fine?
Smile
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Would be nice to know some personal experience with this improved method
Thanks Smile Smile
mindguru
View Profile
Veteran user
320 Posts

Profile of mindguru
I purchased this with high expectations, all I can say is that I was disappointed. I don't usually buy electronics and have never bought any of his products, but I know the creator of this product is highly respected for his electronic products. So I thought if he has created a product for people wishing to perform real hypnosis without electronics it must be something amazing. I have a lot of hypnosis products and I have no problems hypnotising people, but I always believe you can always learn more and that someone can come up with an invention or technique that is trually groundbreaking. Unfortunately this dvd was not groundbreaking and was basically a card trick. I was also disappointed that you then have to do your own DIY.

I must admit it was entertaining to watch the 17 year old guy perform this routine for the first time, especially as he was not a performer, but nobody at all was hypnotised and if he then tried to lead them into real hypnosis, I doubt it would have worked. Obviously an experienced hypnotist could use this as a starting point and progress from there. I personally didn't find the teaching of real hypnosis that great either, then again I'm comparing this to products by Anthony Jacquin and others.

I think this is more suited for a magician who wants to perform Pseudo hypnosis, than someone like myself who is interested in real hypnosis and mentalism.
RichOrvec
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of RichOrvec
I purchased this back in November, and used the Flex5 system for the first time in a show in mid-December, with great results.

I've been performing for 20 years, and semi-professionally for the last 2 years. I've always been fascinated with hypnosis, but aside from anything that I have picked up over the years in reading magic and mentalism books, I knew next to nothing about the practical application of it.

Using the Flex5 system (and the OOYM effect as 'failsafe'), 2 of the 3 spectators I had on stage went into trance state. I was able to use one of them to try out a few other things and they worked.

After the show, 3 different people came up to me and mentioned that they enjoyed the hypnosis part of my show the most. Keep in mind this was something that I added into my show after having only about 2.5 weeks of practice with it, and all of that was rehearsal with no spectators.

So, for me, this was a great purchase, and well worth the money spent. It has shown me that hypnosis is well within reach of my abilities, and now I'm going to take the time to study and learn it well.

Also, just wanted to point out, that I am strictly a mentalist and do not perform mental magic or regular magic. So for me as a mentalist it had great value to me. However, coming into this I had no real background in hypnosis, so I can't say of how much value it may be to people far more versed in hypnosis.

To close, if you are interested in learning hypnosis, this is an extremely approachable system of learning the basics, along with a "failsafe" so that you can practice hypnosis with no worry of failure.
Justin Lewis
View Profile
Special user
981 Posts

Profile of Justin Lewis
Quote:
On Jan 7, 2016, RichOrvec wrote:
I purchased this back in November, and used the Flex5 system for the first time in a show in mid-December, with great results.

I've been performing for 20 years, and semi-professionally for the last 2 years. I've always been fascinated with hypnosis, but aside from anything that I have picked up over the years in reading magic and mentalism books, I knew next to nothing about the practical application of it.

Using the Flex5 system (and the OOYM effect as 'failsafe'), 2 of the 3 spectators I had on stage went into trance state. I was able to use one of them to try out a few other things and they worked.

After the show, 3 different people came up to me and mentioned that they enjoyed the hypnosis part of my show the most. Keep in mind this was something that I added into my show after having only about 2.5 weeks of practice with it, and all of that was rehearsal with no spectators.

So, for me, this was a great purchase, and well worth the money spent. It has shown me that hypnosis is well within reach of my abilities, and now I'm going to take the time to study and learn it well.

Also, just wanted to point out, that I am strictly a mentalist and do not perform mental magic or regular magic. So for me as a mentalist it had great value to me. However, coming into this I had no real background in hypnosis, so I can't say of how much value it may be to people far more versed in hypnosis.

To close, if you are interested in learning hypnosis, this is an extremely approachable system of learning the basics, along with a "failsafe" so that you can practice hypnosis with no worry of failure.

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 very very well said my friend. We share very similar stories here. Flex5 has been absolutely incredible And for the price for the system... You can't beat it!! Great stuff from Craig and Michael
“The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.”- Anonymous
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
So, how's this going for most folks?

I am wondering if version 2 ever appeared?

Still loving it,

J
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Flex5 by Craig Fillicetti and Michael Swenson (14 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL