The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » CODEX V by Bobby Hasbun for sale!! (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
991 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
I noted that CODEX V just went up for sale on the big auction site!
I know a lot of you folks have been looking for this, so here's your chance.
I treasure mine and I think the lucky buyer will, too!
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
Pasteboard Alchemist
View Profile
Special user
502 Posts

Profile of Pasteboard Alchemist
I'm getting pretty excited waiting for Bobby's next book (that was hinted at in Prof BC's Spectre manual). While we wait on that gem to arrive, if anybody hasn't had the pleasure of using Codex V yet, it's killer and they should give it a look!
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
I have mine for sale if someone want...just make me a good offer Smile
Daisydog
View Profile
Loyal user
220 Posts

Profile of Daisydog
This is a wonderful prop. A good friend of mine who repairs books, took it away and made a brilliant job of ageing it for me. It hit home how good it is, when one of my customers reminded me about a performance I did for her a year ago and said it was the best "trick" she had ever seen. She still wants to know her "death date" but I told her again that I'm not allowed to discuss that part of the book. Great fun!!
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Quote:
On Nov 13, 2015, Daisydog wrote:
This is a wonderful prop. A good friend of mine who repairs books, took it away and made a brilliant job of ageing it for me. It hit home how good it is, when one of my customers reminded me about a performance I did for her a year ago and said it was the best "trick" she had ever seen. She still wants to know her "death date" but I told her again that I'm not allowed to discuss that part of the book. Great fun!!

The best TRICK she had ever seen are words that I wouldn't want to hear. Just hearing the word trick, makes me want to pull out my spong balls as a kicker. LOL

Ray
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Profile of Michael_MacDonald
I would not trade mine for anything.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Quote:
On Nov 13, 2015, Michael_MacDonald wrote:
I would not trade mine for anything.

I agree.... One of a kind..... A keeper for me.

Ray
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1183 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Curious what Codex V is fetching these days. I'd imagine over $250 considering how rare and desirable the book is.
Bob
Lo Pan
View Profile
Special user
Haven't slept in weeks - but I now have
769 Posts

Profile of Lo Pan
I believe there is one for sale now for $500 in LMAMD - it will be interesting to see what it sells for.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Quote:
On Nov 14, 2015, Lo Pan wrote:
I believe there is one for sale now for $500 in LMAMD - it will be interesting to see what it sells for.

LMAMD .... Wow, for $500..... LOL

R
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
991 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
What's that expession,..."LOL-ing all the way to the bank!".... (from what I've heard as a "Sold" price!)
Smile
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
paulnoff
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of paulnoff
Quote:
On Nov 15, 2015, DocBenWiz wrote:
What's that expession,..."LOL-ing all the way to the bank!".... (from what I've heard as a "Sold" price!)
Smile

Just curious, what did you "hear" the sale price was?
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
My copy has a cut on the spine, as is very aged, I thought to sell for more than 400 but I think that for 300 I can do it...the only problem that the shipping via UPS is very expensive, so the only thing I can do is to split the shipping if someone is interested.
Thanks
Luca
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
991 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
Quote:
On Nov 16, 2015, paulnoff wrote:
Quote:
Smile

I heard $500...!
Smile
paulnoff
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of paulnoff
Quote:
On Nov 17, 2015, DocBenWiz wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Smile

I heard $500...!
Smile

Not sure where you heard that amount, but it is incorrect. It was not that much. I know, I was the buyer.
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
991 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
Quote:
On Nov 17, 2015, paulnoff wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 17, 2015, DocBenWiz wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Smile

I heard $500...!
Smile

Not sure where you heard that amount, but it is incorrect. It was not that much. I know, I was the buyer.

Wow,....good one, sounds like you got a great deal....congrats!

Smile
MrWall
View Profile
New user
Wished he had more than
99 Posts

Profile of MrWall
Hi, I am having a clear out of a lot of gear (not just magic) and this will include my copy of VC amongst other items.
I was going to put it on the bay, but I thought I'd like to give Café members an option on it first.
I am in the UK, but can ship for any US or rest of world buyers.
Not sure what a fair price is as I have been out of the loop here for quite some time?
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
1528 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
Quote:
On Aug 10, 2016, MrWall wrote:
Hi, I am having a clear out of a lot of gear (not just magic) and this will include my copy of VC amongst other items.
I was going to put it on the bay, but I thought I'd like to give Café members an option on it first.
I am in the UK, but can ship for any US or rest of world buyers.
Not sure what a fair price is as I have been out of the loop here for quite some time?

I made someone an offer on my copy at $225 which is a pretty good deal IMO considering it is limited and a fantastic effect. Not sure I want to part with it though. Very strong!!!
MrWall
View Profile
New user
Wished he had more than
99 Posts

Profile of MrWall
Agreed, it is a fantastic piece of theatre, it is just haven't had the time or the inclination in the last 2 years to 'perform' this or any other of the excellent effects and routines from some of the best talent and minds we have out there producing this kind of thing. it just seemed a shame to have it sitting on a shelf gathering dust (no bad thing) and not getting used.
And as an update, I have now found it a good home to a fellow café member.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » CODEX V by Bobby Hasbun for sale!! (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL