The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Lullaby (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Here is an idea that begs to be expanded on....

A supernatural force uses a lullaby to possess children to do its bidding.

What type of prop or props would work here? I was thinking maybe a flute or just hum a creepy Lullaby. Maybe a jack in the box would be a nice addition to the story.

Maybe old azz photos of children and newspaper clippings of murder and the like.

What would you think would make for a good spooky story?

I found a small play called The Devil's Lullaby by Russell Davis and it just scream to be brought into our little world of the spooky. I have not read the play yet, because I want to make my own story with your help first.

Best
Ray
Lo Pan
View Profile
Special user
Haven't slept in weeks - but I now have
769 Posts

Profile of Lo Pan
A hand written collection of lullabies in an old leather journal with vintage baby, infant and toddler pictures interspersed thru-out. The pictures could probably be found on an auction site at a reasonable price and if your lucky you may find a collection showing the years of one particular child.
Lo Pan
View Profile
Special user
769 Posts

Profile of Lo Pan
The journal could even progress from favorite lullabies to stories as the child matures.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

The journal could have been found inside of a wall during a remodeling of a home.

Maybe a toy truck or ball could also be used to move as the Lullaby is hum or played.

Maybe a little girls hair ribbon could be placed on the table and moved as the Lullaby is heard.

Ray
Lo Pan
View Profile
Special user
769 Posts

Profile of Lo Pan
Perhaps a black velvet choker.
Lo Pan
View Profile
Special user
769 Posts

Profile of Lo Pan
E.R. Perkins "Revelation ABC" cards would be a perfect fit for this if you want to go the Seance route.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
What, Circa ?

A couple of g@ffed wooden letter blocks, that could be flipped to the initials of whom, the back story is about.

If, about a young girl ... it screams for a Jewelry/Music box.
Also, a small childs ring would be nice. (Wait, I use this)

Don't even get me started on a " Jack in the Box " ... Or, Jill ! LOL
(Some, will get this, Kotah ?) Smile

~G
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1044 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
I have a music box, which plays Jack and Jill as it goes it gets slower. It is beautifully creepy. In it I have a number of miniture dolls hous books, which can be read and a pendulum made from the key and a ribbon. The music playing in a dark room makes a perfect start to a story.
Scott Douglas
View Profile
New user
Florida
82 Posts

Profile of Scott Douglas
A jewelry box with a music box that plays "Waltz of the Flowers"

A small old wallet sized photograph of a young woman, or some other item that can be assicated with a woman that can fit in the box easily.

A couple of small toys or items that can be manipulated by a spirit.

Story synopsis that could be linked to a journal found with some of the items:

A young woman has her aspirations and dreams of becoming a ballet dancer cut short by a surprise pregnancy with her boyfriend. During her pregnancy she would open her childhood jewelry box/music box and hum along to the "Waltz of the Flowers", singing to the child growing inside of her. Unfortunately, due to complications she loses the child before it comes to term and barely escapes with her own life. Even though her child was only briefly in the world she feels as though its presence surrounds her and comforts her, especially when she is near her music box or humming "Waltz of the Flowers"

(At this point you could wind up the music box and the spirit could manipulate objects nearby.)

The boyfriend, distraught by the loss of his child blames her for the death. She begins to feel trapped in an abusive relationship. Confining herself in her room to escape, she takes to writing a journal; her venting and the comfort of the music box the only thing giving her hope. One night her boyfriend goes into a violent rage, forces open the door to the room...

(Tear up the picture of the woman and/or destroy the small item that is associated with her, place the pieces in the jewelry box and slam it shut.)

Dig out an old news article: a young man was found dead and mangled in an alley near his apartment. Foul play suspected as it appears his limbs were broken in several places. Girlfriend unhurt but distraught. Not believed to be involved at this time. Possible organized crime hit.

(Open the jewelry box slowly and pull out the picture and/or item which has lovingly been restored.)
Dark Foundry | Magic Creations
www.darkfoundry.com

Labyrinth 1616 | Mind Reading Book from the 17th Century
http://www.darkfoundry.com/labyrinth/
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
855 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
Lullaby is one of my favourite books, by perhaps my favourite non-horror author.

Not saying that his stories won't chill you to the bone, they will...

Anyhoo, check out 'Lullaby by Chuck Palahniuk'.

"Journalist Carl Streator just lost his wife and only child. They both dropped dead after he read them what he thought was a simply beautiful lullaby. Turns out it was a little more.

The culling song—an African chant from a story book entitled Poems and Rhymes from Around the World—is a song that kills anyone it is read to. Stressed out due to his double loss, Streator starts to see people drop dead in front of his eyes. Turns out all he has to do is think about the culling song and he can kill anyone he directs that thought to."

More: http://chuckpalahniuk.net/books/lullaby

- Anthony
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
A blank paged journal, and words appear and disappear depending on who is looking at it...

it offers toys, gifts, temptations if they follow the instructions...

dummy on a ribbon as a pendulum...

think about what would be appropriate for a kid, then think about what would be appropriate for an evil spirit...

before you do anything though, I would say think about how that spirit came into existence, and why it is going after a kid...
I've asked to be banned
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Dummy on a ribbon as a pendulum, I like that.
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Have you tried Rosemary's baby lulaby?
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Yea, so many nice ideas...... I really like the music box idea and thought how creepy it would be when all is done, that the music box turns out to be an empty box. Here is a nice musi box lullaby.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/video/pla......901&tt=b
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

I like the journal idea where words appear and vanish, music box, blocks, maybe the pendulum could be a little girls hair ribbon tied around a small doll. Placed over the wooden blocks or photos would set up a nice routine.

Ray
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Quote:
On Nov 21, 2015, The Curator wrote:
Have you tried Rosemary's baby lulaby?

I forgot about this.... https://video.search.yahoo.com/video/pla......901&tt=b

Here is a nice crazy one...... It has a scary clown guy talking to children and using a pendulum like object...... Yes.

http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/File:H......video)_(

Here is a list of creepy one for your pleasure of scarring the BOO out of people. https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/vi......rtab-901
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Lullaby (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL