The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Tyvex printed with newsprint? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
I'm really happy with how this turned out. I ordered the newspaper fabric from Amazon. I made the wire loops and covered them with strong white duct tape and then used fabric glue to cover that.

Now I've got four gimmicks that seem like they will last a long time.

I use twp pieces of that foam backed tape that you might use to hang posters. I put two pieces of tape on the newspaper and put the gimmick between them and then peel the tape and slap the other newspaper onto that.

After doing the trick the gimmick slides right out ready to use again,
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
So the gimmick is sort of floating loose between them... no tape or anything stuck to the gimmick. Good idea.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
You got it. Thanks.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Only older parallel scanners can scan currency. The new USB scanners are hard wired in the scanner itself to detect real currency. Find an old scanners and a computer with parallel port and it can be done, as I use to do it. Thing is finding twain drivers now and would be very difficult.
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Bill,
It's either the computer OS or the software being used. I may be wrong but I feel that the currency detection software is in the OS of the computer or the scanning software program. It's a software issue, not hardware. Not the scanner itself.
I recently learned that Photoshop has currency detection software encoded to prevent printing. Many Adobe products contain this detection software. There's a workaround using "ImageReady" but I haven't tried it yet.

I say this because the printer is not in play during an unsuccessful scan. And the scanner is turned off while trying to print a stitched image.
Ive tried this on both Windows and Macintosh.
I'll like to do more searching on this topic. Can you please provide me with your source stating "The new USB scanners are hard wired in the scanner itself to detect real currency."
Ihor
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Here is a great tutorial. There is also a company that makes printable tyvec paper. Comes in 8 1/2 x 11

http://cons.wonderhowto.com/how-to/print......ey-1462/

Best

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Quote:
On Jan 20, 2016, Steven Conner wrote:
Here is a great tutorial. There is also a company that makes printable tyvec paper. Comes in 8 1/2 x 11

http://cons.wonderhowto.com/how-to/print......ey-1462/

Best

Steve

Steve,
Good find!
Ihor
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Here's where you get the printable tyvec.

http://www.materialconcepts.com/store/pr......t-sheets
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Steven that's great and exactly what I was originally looking for.

The cloth w newspaper print I got on Amazon has worked out beautifully though and I've used the gimmick in several shows already. Super easy to set up and just as easy to retrieve after the show.

Very happy with my results.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Jan 20, 2016, Steven Conner wrote:
Here's where you get the printable tyvek.

http://www.materialconcepts.com/store/pr......t-sheets

That is a fantastic find, so much magic can be made with this find. Thank you for posting your find.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Glad I could help.

Best

Steve
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
This is a great item to use for the new effect "SPLIT".
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2597 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
Years ago when toying with the idea of doing Gene Anderson's T&R newspaper I started to look for an alternative to the wire for the gimmick. I ended up replacing it with some newsprint fabric with ragged edges onto which I sewed some white velcro. I 'dotted' the velcro with black marker pen to make it blend in with the newsprint. The 'restored' newspaper was held in place by the overlapping newsprint fabric strip which was in turn held in place by the velcro.

At the appropriate time the velcro was pulled free, which just happened to sound exactly like a bit of newspaper being torn, and the fabric was wrapped round the torn pieces and overlapping these newsprint flaps were velcro'd again on the other side.. Because the fabric was loose there was no bending of metal required.

This might be worth trying.

I got lured away by the Elmesley slo-motion verion of the T&R newspaper so this idea never got further than practice and rehearsals.
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
magicjohn2278
View Profile
Special user
Isle of Man UK
544 Posts

Profile of magicjohn2278
Quote:
On Dec 29, 2015, Ihop wrote:
Bill,
It's either the computer OS or the software being used. I may be wrong but I feel that the currency detection software is in the OS of the computer or the scanning software program. It's a software issue, not hardware. Not the scanner itself.
I recently learned that Photoshop has currency detection software encoded to prevent printing. Many Adobe products contain this detection software. There's a workaround using "ImageReady" but I haven't tried it yet.

I say this because the printer is not in play during an unsuccessful scan. And the scanner is turned off while trying to print a stitched image.
Ive tried this on both Windows and Macintosh.
I'll like to do more searching on this topic. Can you please provide me with your source stating "The new USB scanners are hard wired in the scanner itself to detect real currency."

You might want to Google "eurion constellation" - I found it facinating!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Tyvex printed with newsprint? (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL