The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Russians punish IS (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
I find it hard to believe that IS has not been wiped out already. I mean, I recall it said that there was 12000 a year or two ago, which does not seem a great number to wipe out with air attacks with the fire power they have these days. What is the estimate now of how many of these IS fighters are left?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
These weren't air attacks.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Shoigu stated that in the past three days Russian Air Forces have carried out over 300 sorties hitting 600 terrorist targets.

“In the past three days, the operation involved Tu-22 planes as well as warplanes from the Khmeimim airbase. In total we carried out 300 sorties and hit 600 various targets,” he said adding that all sorties were performed with the backing of Su-30 fighter jets.

And the missiles don’t exactly run along on the ground neither but fly through the air.

And anyhow my question was, how many IS are left standing after all these attacks whether they be air land or sea or any sort.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
On Dec 9, 2015, tommy wrote:
And anyhow my question was, how many IS are left standing after all these attacks whether they be air land or sea or any sort.

It doesn't really matter. These types of attacks will never get them all.

You can't bomb an ideology.

Hail Hydra!
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Dec 9, 2015, NYCTwister wrote:
Quote:

Hail Hydra!

We don't need to get them all.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
So in other words you don't know how many there was or are left of them now.

Tommy
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
On Dec 9, 2015, magicfish wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hail Hydra!

Yes you do, because if you don't the ideology will spring up again. It has before, it will again.
Their basic premise, their ideology, is based on the supernatural, and so it's irrational. When you act on an irrational premise, in this sense, you get madness. Which is what we have.

Are you going to scorch the earth and kill every man, woman and child with the ideology, and destroy all the books and texts and websites?

It sounds like you've gazed into the abyss for too long.
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
So in other words you don't know how many there was or are left of them now.

Of course not. How can you tell who is thinking a certain way?
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
At the moment we need to stem the blood and we can take care of the cause later.

I think there maybe 12,000 hard-core but the big apple is more like 12 Million.

Tommy
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
On Dec 10, 2015, tommy wrote:
At the moment we need to stem the blood and we can take care of the cause later.

"We" are also acting on an irrational premise, in that we keep thinking we can take care of the cause later.

All of which is beside the point since this is about oil and weapons. The human race has so many problems, all deeply intertwined and influencing us all on many subtle levels.
"We" need to start addressing the underlying cause(s) or the madness will never end.

Of course the very powerful people selling oil and weapons have no interest in stopping the madness, so I'm not too hopeful.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Dec 10, 2015, NYCTwister wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hail Hydra!

Yes you do, because if you don't the ideology will spring up again. It has before, it will again.
Their basic premise, their ideology, is based on the supernatural, and so it's irrational. When you act on an irrational premise, in this sense, you get madness. Which is what we have.

Are you going to scorch the earth and kill every man, woman and child with the ideology, and destroy all the books and texts and websites?

No. We are not going to do that. That's why I said we don't need to get them all.
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
On Dec 10, 2015, magicfish wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hail Hydra!

No. We are not going to do that. That's why I said we don't need to get them all.

Then the ideology will remain and, billions of dollars later, you'll be fighting a different version of the same thing.

America and Russia, and whoever else, can beat their chests and drop all the bombs they want, and it will do nothing except make the problem worse.

Let me ask you a question.
Do you really think this is about America helping the oppressed and bringing democracy to other countries?
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
There is nothing irrational about killing and taking prisoner hard core guerrilla fighters who are acting like NAZI SS death squads and slaughtering men women and children whatever their motive is. It matters not a jot if god is on their side or not they must be stopped from acting the way they are now. In the meantime you can sit around philosophizing and coming up with an answer.

Tommy
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
There is nothing irrational about killing and taking prisoner hard core guerrilla fighters who are acting like NAZI SS death squads and slaughtering men women and children whatever their motive is. It matters not a jot if god is on their side or not they must be stopped from acting the way they are now. In the meantime you can sit around philosophizing and coming up with an answer.

It's irrational if you've done those things, repeatedly, to no avail.

How many times do you do something which didn't work, before you start to question the thinking which caused you to take that particular action?
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
It is irrational to talk to vampires because at the end of day they will still be bloodthirsty.

Tommy
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
Quote:
On Dec 10, 2015, magicfish wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hail Hydra!

Then the ideology will remain and, billions of dollars later, you'll be fighting a different version of the same thing.

America and Russia, and whoever else, can beat their chests and drop all the bombs they want, and it will do nothing except make the problem worse.

Let me ask you a question.
Do you really think this is about America helping the oppressed and bringing democracy to other countries?

Of course not, why would I? Does anybody?
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
It is rational to drive a pointy stick through the vampire’s heart as and when you find one.

Tommy
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
It is rational to drive a pointy stick through the vampire’s heart as and when you find one.

Even if it creates more vampires?

I ask again - how many times do you repeatedly fail before you change your approach?
Before you admit there is something you're not seeing, or worse ignoring?

How many times and at what cost?
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Let me ask you how many times would you have repeatedly appeased the Nazi’s before you changed your approach?

Tommy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Russians punish IS (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL