The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of American Magicians! » » Starting a new S.A.M assembly (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ColtonRaelund
View Profile
Regular user
COLTON ZOROASTER RAELUND
116 Posts

Profile of ColtonRaelund
To put it simply, there are no S.A.M assemblys within several hundred miles. I am not a member, as it would be pointless without an assembly, so can I start a new one? If so, what are the requirements? Do I have to join first? Thanks.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
We need YOU! I live in Alabama and have the same problems. S.A.M. severely lacks national participation through local assemblies. Magazines are nice but frankly I doubt many are ever unwrapped or opened. (And M-U-M is the best of the two.) Members seek better contact. Correspondence courses through the mail are not the future participation enjoyed by todays' people. We have too many other media options. The real participation that builds clubs is face to face contact. Assemblies are essential there.

About 35 years ago I started an Assembly in Fayetteville, Arkansas. I left in 1983 and it is gone today. Reality is that most organizations are carried by the efforts of a very few. Keeping the organizers is extremely critical. How long will you be there?

I definitely encourage you to start an Assembly. Assemblies are the future of S.A.M.. Facts are that there are most likely no experienced S.A.M. members locally to help you. It will not be easy. It can be done!

First fine the magicians there. Rule #1 in Duck Hunting is Go Where There are DUCKS!

I wish you the best of luck. Call me if I can help.
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Colton!

WHERE DO YOU LIVE?
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
mtmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of mtmagic
Dick, Colton is from the flathead valley in Montana. I met you years ago through Roger Mycroft when you were doing the assembly program.
Dan
ColtonRaelund
View Profile
Regular user
COLTON ZOROASTER RAELUND
116 Posts

Profile of ColtonRaelund
Wow! What a get together! It is definitly a small world. I replied to Dick over the PM system and forgot the forum. Now, how to bring in more ducks...
Here are my ideas for finding more magicians, some of them given to me by others.
1.local classified and newspapers
2.flyers and posters
3.slips in the library books (someone checks them out!)
4.the magic Café and S.A.M web sites
5.(your suggestions here)

Also, after I gather the magicians, how do I start the assembly?
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Use the website Contact Form (http://magicsam.site-ym.com/general/?type=CONTACT) to request a New Assembly Kit. Having lived in Great Falls, I imagine that local magicians are few. You may want to consider creating a wide-range club covering several cities - Helena, Great Falls, Missoula, and such and the areas in between. Arrange meetings perhaps quarterly for a full Saturday with a member and spouse dinner and social in the evening. Let members in each city host the meeting in turn. A full day of hands-on workshops, lectures, local performances, and so on. We did this while serving with the military in Europe. It was a great hit and we all looked forward to these weekends.

You may also want to consider forming a combined SAM-I.B.M. Club to attract members who belong to one, the other, or both.
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
ColtonRaelund
View Profile
Regular user
COLTON ZOROASTER RAELUND
116 Posts

Profile of ColtonRaelund
I have received the new assembly kit, and need to submit the charter application by April 1st. I need a minimum of ten people interested in joining to sign. If anyone in montana reads this, and is interested, PM me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of American Magicians! » » Starting a new S.A.M assembly (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL