The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Who we really will miss (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
2015 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
Many of us will remember 2015 as the year we lost too many people in Mentalism who had become important to us. I am starting this thread to jog our memories and to express our loss and gratitude for these people. I am thinking of three such losses, but I will lift up only one and invite others to join in.

The loss I am lifting up is Mick Hanzlik, marvelous locksmith and friend to many in our fraternity. I love performing, with his Supalok, an effect that makes the spectator the hero. I also perform with the Grismer Lock that he adopted following the death of its founder. Of all the props I own, these two locks are among the most reliable, and the craftsmanship is astonishing.

Even more important to me, Mick was one of the people that I became friends with through email exchanges. Last Winter, when I thought that a buddy and I might "do London" this past Summer, Mick invited us to be his guests at the monthly meeting of his magic club. Great warmth shined through each of his email messages. When I emailed him early this Fall and received no response at all, I knew something was wrong.

I found a couple of YouTube videos that feature Mick, and have enjoyed watching them. There is also at least one video of his three precious and devoted daughters singing. I guess I have watched that six or eight times, and have been moved each time.

So at the end of this year, I'd like to go on record as feeling loss and gratitude following Mick's death. I am inviting our community to do two things:

1. Tell us who died this year that you will seriously miss.

2. Please add to the remembrances of Mick Hanzlik or anyone else who is featured in this thread.

With appreciation for Mick and for this unusual community,

George
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1199 Posts

Profile of caigy
Well said George.

We still can't believe that Mick has gone...I miss our weekly Skype sessions and almost daily chats.

You are absolutely correct about his three talented and beautiful Daughters, Louise, Kim, and Stephanie, who perform as 'Luna Falls'.

I really hope they continue with their singing because their Dad was immensely proud of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrttbLkXPvY

https://www.facebook.com/lunafallsband/

All the best to you and yours George over the festive period and throughout 2016.

Paul Mc.
Exclusive Worldwide Producer and Supplier of the Grismer Lock.

Top Class, Individually Crafted Performance Pieces, For The Discerning Psychological Entertainer

www.psychicmentality.com
Marc O
View Profile
Special user
The Netherlands
755 Posts

Profile of Marc O
George what a moving thread and kind thing to take a moment and look back at the people that can't be with us anymore and share their thoughts on the Magic Café.

Although I never met the man, I will miss Scott Soloff.
Whenever I am looking for information in older threads Scott is always just around the corner.
Giving me, and hopefully many others, some gold advice.

Whenever I read his posts he just calmly looks at me from that little window on the left side and tells me everything will be allright....

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=82
Mifune
View Profile
Loyal user
Spain
266 Posts

Profile of Mifune
I agree Marc, I can't express in english my feelings the way you did but I endorse your words. Despite having only a few conversations with him, the passing of Scott Soloff really impressed me.
Alwow
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
544 Posts

Profile of Alwow
I would also agree with Marc O.

I've had the exactly same thing happen with me when searching through Café threads. Scott would often times comment on a topic I was interested in his "tell it like it is" way.

RIP Scott.
"Everything I show you is the truth... And the truth is the loveliest of lies"
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3236 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Again, what a poignant and meaningful thread.

I salute all those who have passed this year and contributed so much to our art.

I regrettably never had any contact with the gentlemen named but one I have had contact with this year and who went out of his way to help and produced an item I will very much treasure - Rich Hennessey. He contributed much and was a talent I know many will miss.
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
2015 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
Thanks Neil. I too will miss Rich Hennessey, and also Barrie Richardson--though I never had personal contact with him.

George
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1315 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Quote:
On Dec 16, 2015, Mifune wrote:
Despite having only a few conversations with him, the passing of Scott Soloff really impressed me.

This...Smile
www.reddevilmentalism.com
F-F-U-L-Ri-F-F-Li-R-U-F-F
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10619 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Barry Richardson. Such a great caring and sharing guy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Who we really will miss (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL